cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting a seller

Hello,

Recently i had a very bad exp with a seller. I won 2 items on auction and asked for combined shipping, seller proceded to say how the items were a deal and i shouldnt ask for combined shipping and started to threaten and insult and alltogether write messages that a mentaly healthy person shouldnt and wouldnt. Items are still not shipped because he is waiting for me "to say how happy i am with the deal or he will cancel and refund". Needless to say i reported him and did not respond to the behavior. Im affraid other sellers had the same exp, reading bad reviews dating back 6 months ago containing condescending and shamefull comments, and im more affraid that up to this time this seller has not been sanctioned and his replies on the reviews remain.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Reporting a seller

Sorry -- there is no requirement that a seller combine shipping.  The buyer needs to determine that before buying.  There is no excuse for that seller's behavior either.  Tell him you would appreciate it if he would cancel and refund.  

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Reporting a seller

I did not insist on combined i just asked if it is available, he said yes, and then maybe after he saw which items is about proceeded to threaten and insult (i guess he wasnt happy what they sold for). Which he should have thought about beforehand, and even if my bid was not wining and sold for cheaper, he would go after the next customer. And the items werent unique he has more in stock with buy it now option so i really dont understand what all this is about.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Reporting a seller

Per your previous message, the seller has suggested that he can cancel and refund.  Why not reply that you would like that to be done?  

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Reporting a seller

I can do that, but i payed for the item i won and wanted to win. But that does not change the fact that he still sells and insults customers without reason and sanction. And he did not suggest he threatened to.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Reporting a seller

@filipb.39 wrote:

I can do that, but i payed for the item i won and wanted to win. But that does not change the fact that he still sells and insults customers without reason and sanction. And he did not suggest he threatened to.

You got what you wanted and you knew the shipping before placing a bid.

If you didn't like the shipping charges, the time to ask about them was before you bid, not after you won them.

Have a great day.
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Reporting a seller

Why are you missing the point though? I always ask if there is combined shipping if its not stated, its a simple question with a simple answer that gives me a proper invoice. Every single item has its own shipping only the invoice makes the difference. I didnt put a knife to his throat for a few bucks to receive insulting messages. Do i need to post them here to make it clearer? 

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Reporting a seller

As others have said, the time to ask if combined shipping is available is before you bid or buy, not after. Since the seller has offered to cancel, I'd take him up on it. If you don't, you may find that he's canceled for nonpayment, which would give you an unpaid item strike for each listing. Two strikes will mean you'll find yourself blocked from buying by many sellers.

So far as reporting the seller for "messages that a mentaly healthy person shouldnt and wouldnt" and thinking eBay will sanction him, don't hold your breath. In general eBay doesn't get involved in interpersonal disputes. And the only way the feedback responses *might* be removed would be a report from the members for whom they were left. But this does beg the question -- if you checked the seller's feedback before you purchased and it disturbed you so much, why would you buy from him?

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Reporting a seller

@filipb.39 wrote:

Why are you missing the point though? I always ask if there is combined shipping if its not stated, its a simple question with a simple answer that gives me a proper invoice. Every single item has its own shipping only the invoice makes the difference. I didnt put a knife to his throat for a few bucks to receive insulting messages. Do i need to post them here to make it clearer? 

@filipb.39 

We are all volunteer members here ... who have no authority over other members.  Nor do we have special access to eBay.

I am very sorry that the seller is sending you insulting messages.  You've said you've already reported them.  That's all you can do.  Nobody here can help you remove the seller from eBay permanently.  

We are NOT ALLOWED to post personal messages on these Boards ... so please do not take that step.  You will only receive a message from the moderator telling you that you violated Board policy.

Please make a decision whether you want the orders cancelled ... and convey that decision to the seller.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Reporting a seller

I specifically said i payed in the post, idk why you read partially. All that was left for him was either to send or not to send combined invoice, and not to threaten and insult. I believe i have made my self clear through these posts. The ultimate point is why he, as a seller, still operates after insulting customers. Also he has 98.5% rating will definitely not read all negative feedbacks, imagine doing that for every seller, i cant hope to throw a pebble in the sea and hit a fish.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Reporting a seller

Imagine reading all negative feedbacks for every seller? Not every seller, just the one you are considering making a purchase from.  Feedback is there to help you decide if this is a seller you  want to deal with.  By declining to read the negatives, you are, in effect, refusing to use a valuable tool that eBay give you.  

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Reporting a seller

Feeling insulted is a choice. For so many, it seems to be a hobby. The simple, stress-free solution is to move on. If you prefer to be insulted and try to find some vengeance, that is up to you.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Reporting a seller

@filipb.39 wrote:

I believe you about the insulting messages, just like some we receive from some buyers.

When I receive messages like that, I just let them go, but remember the members ID so I don't do any business with them again.

Have a great day.
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Reporting a seller

Just ask for cancel and refund. You are not comfortable and u feel this way.. No sense pursuing.

The only insult you receive is the ones u acknowledge and get triggered by. Do not get triggered or get impacted. It is not ur issue..it is theirs.  Reporting them and so on just means u acknowledge them more.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Reporting a seller

@filipb.39 Always best to remember that this is only a platform that puts sellers and buyers together. The seller needs no professional skills, no retail skills, no customer service skills, and no licensing or training. This is similar to dealing with someone at the swap meet; it’s a hit or miss. There is nothing to sanction this seller on as they are only expected to complete the transaction. Check the estimated date of delivery for your items and once that passes simply open an item not received case. Mark it as item not received and follow the prompts. Either the seller will then ship your items, or you will eventually receive a full refund. Not much more you can do here. 

You are also able to leave appropriate feedback for this seller. Just make sure your feedback follows the protocols so that the seller doesn't get it removed. No name calling and don't write beware of seller or use all caps. Just state your opinion and be done with this. Best of luck to you.... 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply