cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding returns and sellers attitude

Is it just me or do many sellers seem to have a return policy only because it will place them higher in best match, but they have no intention of honoring the return policy.

I recently bought a part for my motorcycle. When it arrived I realized I had mistakenly ordered the wrong part. I hopped on eBay and realize that the seller has a 30 day return policy so I attempted to return the part.

The seller told me in no uncertain terms they were not going to accept the return and then I would have to force the issue with eBay.

Keep in mind I had not used the part, it was still in its original package unopened.

I ended up escalating the the return case to eBay and I'm assuming the seller got a defect on their account. Wouldn't it have been easier just to graciously accept the return?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

In your sellers case, yes they got a defect and your remorse return was converted to an snad since the seller refused to accept the return. Some sellers just insist on learning the hardway. Some sellers don't understand that if you accept returns, you accept all returns even if the buyer changed their mind. Its kind of shocking how many sellers have a returns accepted policy and state on their listing that they only accept returns if the item is damaged or they made a mistake in the listing. Those sellers, for some reason I have yet to figure out, don't seem to understand that.....the money back guarantee already requires them to accept "not as described" returns and that if they accept returns, they accept returns for any reason. It makes no sense to accept returns and then say they only accept returns if the item is snad.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

What shocks me even more is it this was a large seller tens of thousands of feedback.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

They come in all shapes and sizes, sadly!
Message 4 of 4
latest reply