cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving offers in "My Ebay" page on items I only looked at.

I found under communication preferences you can op out of offers, will this op me out of all offers even items I have on my watch list?  I would like to receive offers on my watch list but not on items I have only looked at and moved on.  This morning I had over 10 offers from items I only looked at and have no interest in they show up on "My Ebay" page and are the first thing to display before my watch list and they can't be deleted for 48 hours unless you punch into each one and push three buttons to op out then reload the "My Ebay" page click the box and push delete.  At least let me delete them before the expire without having to decline each one. PITA

jjlrrw_0-1711828615736.png

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you opt out of offers you opt out of all offers. I agree that the process to delete them is clunky at best, but if you unclick offers you'll get no offers at all.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I figured as much, seems like I should be able to delete them from "My Ebay" page at any time not only after they expire I see the offer on the "My Ebay" page so no need to punch into each one.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@jjlrrw,

Lately I've been doing a lot of searching and have opened many sponsored listings, resulting in a lot of offers.  While it is a bit of a hassle going through the "offer" messages, a couple of times this last week I received some very good offers, that I accepted for items I did not have saved in my watch list. So there is an upside to allowing those messages. 

I usually clear my messages about once a week after most of the offers have expired, but I check them daily, just in case, I get an unexpectedly good one. If you use a computer to shop, in the upper right where the bell symbol is, hover over it and the notices will appear. when you mouse over one an "X" will appear in the upper right of one. Clicking on that will remove it  from your actual messages.  As a matter of fact, while checking that the above info was right, I saw a message saying I had an offer of $22 for a $32 item.  31.25% off. I'm going to grab that one now. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply