cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Offers On Items I Looked At, But Didn’t Add To Watch List

Curious, I was listing a couple of items, and I always check prices of similar items. I have received two offers on these listings and they were not on my Watch List…frankly it is really annoying. 

‘’I hope that eBay has not started another “great idea” as people do not like to be pestered. You should be able to just 👀.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I have a second account that I don't use for anything at all, and I use it to view my listings from the outside occasionally.

And lately, it has been getting item suggestions from my account.  Including ones I hadn't looked at, but because they are from the same seller (me).

But.

My account here has not been doing this at all, even when I go look at things from other sellers, even some of you.  Only that other account does it.

I think there must be a suggestion setting someplace.  Let me dig.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Maybe this?

gator08041971_1-1709774154482.png

gator08041971_0-1709774123000.png

This must be it.  My other account, all those things are selected by default.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@gator08041971 

I have not touched any of my setting, but I will check them. Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@myfrugalboutique,

Lately I have noticed on search result pages that some listings titles do say Sponsored under the price offer shipping info to the bottom right of the main photo. 

mudshark61369_0-1709819131779.png

Clicking on one of those or sponsored listings on other listing pages, automatically sends a Special Offer from the seller message.   I do kind of like it, because I have gotten some bargains from the offer messages.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 5
latest reply