cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased two-piece item, seller only sent me one

Hello! Looking for any advice offered:

I purchased an original sketch by an artist I enjoy (now deceased) that also came with a signed print by same artist and another deceased artist. The item posting explained this in title and included pictures of both sketch and print. 

The sketch arrived last night and I love it. That was my main focus: owning the sketch, so in my excitement I honestly forgot about the print. Had to post 3 other feedbacks, so I jumped online and left reviews, including a positive for the seller of this item. 

Realized that I hadn’t seen the print. Rechecked box, nothing, and messaged seller to ask where it was. Also called eBay to see my possible actions—chiefly to ask if I hurt myself by reviewing so quickly. eBay suggested if I don’t hear from seller in 24 hours, I initiate a claim for return. 

Here’s my problem: I paid a few hundred dollars for this item and don’t want to lose the sketch. If seller doesn’t respond and I file a claim, will my only option be to return? 

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

When you initiate a return request for "Not as Described," the seller has the option to tell you to return the item for a refund, or to offer you a partial refund.  However, since you have 30 days from delivery to open that request, and you don't want to return the item, I would suggest that you first try to work it out with the seller.  If you can get it resolved before the deadline of 30 days from delivery, you won't need to open that request.  If you don't hear from the seller within a day or two, try contacting him/her again.  Be very specific in what you're asking.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Yes.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

When you initiate a return request for "Not as Described," the seller has the option to tell you to return the item for a refund, or to offer you a partial refund.  However, since you have 30 days from delivery to open that request, and you don't want to return the item, I would suggest that you first try to work it out with the seller.  If you can get it resolved before the deadline of 30 days from delivery, you won't need to open that request.  If you don't hear from the seller within a day or two, try contacting him/her again.  Be very specific in what you're asking.  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Personally,  I would contact the seller before proceeding with filing a dispute.  Frankly, I would probably have contacted him before calling eBay, but that's probably because I lack faith in eBay's CSR's to give accurate information.  However, in this case, if you need to open a dispute you will probably be required to return the sketch.

By the way, would you mind if I ask who the sketch is by? 

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I think I found the item you're referring to.  While the title mentions a print, it's not mentioned in the description.  The description mentions the sketch and pictures of the signing.  The listing pictures show the sketch, a picture of the signing event, and the signed comic book print.  The listing is unclear because the title differs from the description.  

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@7606dennis wrote:

By the way, would you mind if I ask who the sketch is by? 

FYI you can find that from the feedback OP hastily left. The listing clearly has the plus "+" sign to include both sketch + print.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Some detective work occurred while I was gone I see. 

Seller got back to me and said that he was in a hurry to send off my shipment and forgot the print. Said he’ll send it soon. Perhaps I was too hasty in my concern, and I’ll hope for the best. Thank you all for your advice! 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply