cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased and item and ebay refunded me and paid the seller with no explanation

I bought a gold ring which was shipped to an “authenticator” before it was sent to me. At the authenticator, it took several days with no communication to me. Suddenly, I get a message from the seller apologizing for the loss of the ring. I then get an email from ebay notifying me of a reimbursement. No explanation as to the whereabouts of the ring. It made me wonder if buyers have any rights and if there are rules for ebay to respond to buyers when items are lost. I really was looking forward to the ring and now with no explanation, no ring. I want to write to corporate offices and make them aware of this underwhelming experience of which the seller is not responsible. What to do? I still would like the ring I bought! 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Purchased and item and ebay refunded me and paid the seller with no explanation

Yes, buyers have rights. You have the absolute right to receive a full refund for an item you don't receive. That's happened. I'm not sure what you think anyone can do about a lost item. But even if the ring is not lost and the seller simply decided not to sell it, there's no way for eBay to force them to ship. They received an account defect for the cancellation. And you should still be able to leave feedback. Writing to the corporate offices will be an exercise in futility.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply