cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased Items

I have shopped with Ebay for many years.  I believe things have changed for the worst and I'm very disappointed with Ebay! This is the second time within the same week I purchased and paid for an item.  On both transactions the seller never ships the item or respond to my numerus email contacts. Here is the worse part, I have to wait one day after the item should arrive to file a resolution, then wait six more days for EBAY to contact the seller who is not going to respond!  In the mean time , I'm out of my money. Once a transaction look like its going sideways by not being shipped near the arrival date, Ebay should cancel the transaction.  I am truly fed up with Ebay and how they handle resolutions.  I will take my purchases else where.. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Purchased Items

@4447nancy,

"This is the second time within the same week I purchased and paid for an item. On both transactions the seller never ships the item or respond to my numerus email contacts."

Are you checking the feedback profile pages of sellers before buying from them? You may see a seller has a fair number of feedback and a 100% rating, but it could all be for buying.  When a seller starts selling or returns to selling after over a year of no sales, ebay places a hold on their first few payments.  Often those sellers do not know what to do to complete the sales and get the funds released.   Your messages may be going unanswered by a seller whose payments are on hold, because they think you are trying to scam them.   If you are buying from a high volume seller, they often do not reply to messages. ebay does not require sellers to reply to messages. Uploading tracking is also not required. 

" I have to wait one day after the item should arrive to file a resolution, then wait six more days for EBAY to contact the seller who is not going to respond! ... Once a transaction look like its going sideways by not being shipped near the arrival date, Ebay should cancel the transaction."

It has been ebay's policy for as long as I can remember that one has to wait until the day after the last estimated delivery date before they can open an Item Not Received (INR) dispute. If a seller doesn't respond to the dispute within 3 days you can ask ebay to step in, and they'll process a refund.

If ebay were to cancel transactions before the last estimated delivery date, which are not always based on actual shipping company delivery estimates, they are based on past seller performance, sellers would stop listing on the site.  A seller may forget to get tracking or upload it, if they go to the P.O..  An  inexperienced seller may not know how to upload tracking or to mark an item as shipped.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 2
latest reply