cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible scam / details not making sense

Good morning,

I recently found a good deal on an item. Listing looked legit enough and item was in US so I made the purchase. I am usually good at checking the seller but I overlooked it and now I noticed he was a new user that created his account about 3 days ago and has no feedback. And looking closer at the location it states: "Located in: Dongguan, China, United States"

The description of the item made it seem like it was a father whose son stopped using the item to he is selling it but when I asked the seller where he was located, he stated: "The item is shipped from overseas warehouses in China, Arrive in the United States and transfer to USPS"

This is very suspicious to me and not really sure how to proceed. This is my first time with a situation like this. Does anyone have any experience or advice?

Thank you for your time!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hope for the best. If you don't receive your item by the latest estimated delivery date provided by eBay,  you can open a Item Not Received case one day after that estimated delivery date. 

Until then, it is a waiting game. If you have issues after the item arrives, come back here for further guidance as needed.

Posting ID

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If the item you receive is not as described, you're aware that you can open an item not as described case, right?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

seem like it was a father whose son stopped using the item

Interestingly Chinese people also have fathers and sons.

The location was stated in the listing and the seller was upfront when you enquired, and in pretty good English.

So you are likely getting a new item rather than the used one you expected.

When it arrives, you can decide what your next step should be.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hope for the best. If you don't receive your item by the latest estimated delivery date provided by eBay,  you can open a Item Not Received case one day after that estimated delivery date. 

Until then, it is a waiting game. If you have issues after the item arrives, come back here for further guidance as needed.

Posting ID
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

seem like it was a father whose son stopped using the item

Interestingly Chinese people also have fathers and sons.

The location was stated in the listing and the seller was upfront when you enquired, and in pretty good English. 

So you are likely getting a new item rather than the used one you expected.

When it arrives, you can decide what your next step should be. 

Unfortunately it seems you ignored a detail while you were defending the obvious.

the [item] location states: "Located in: Dongguan, China, United States"

Message 5 of 5
latest reply