cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Pal Credit

I see Pay Pal Credit no longer an option at RockAuto Parts. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Pay Pal Credit

@johnl9530 

Is Rock Auto Parts selling on eBay ?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Pay Pal Credit

No. Some of us are trying to find out what happened to the PPCredit option as a buyer. Who made the change e-bay or PPCredit? E-bay told me on the phone that the seller is the one who is in control of the buyer having that as an pay option.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Pay Pal Credit

So where does Rock Auto Parts come into this situation?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Pay Pal Credit

@johnl9530 

eBay CS provided incorrect information.

The seller has basically no say in what payment form is accepted. There are some exceptions but sellers have no say whatsoever as to PP credit use.

I don't have all the answers as to when PP credit is available for purchases, but it is not a seller choice.

Some are not able to use PP credit because of an eBay process of preauthorizing for offer and bids. Not all payment options are available then.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Pay Pal Credit

I had been using PayPal Credit for the last year and then all of the sudden the option is gone. I had used it on RockAuto Parts and decided to check if the option was still there and no it's not. PayPal Credit if payed for in 6 months their is no interest charge.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Pay Pal Credit

@johnl9530 

On eBay if you are required to provide a payment source in order to bid or make an offer, PayPal Credit will not be available.  

At other times, PayPal will display the option for you when you go to make a payment.  If it is not there, it is possible that it is not offered for that product.  You will have to contact PayPal.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Pay Pal Credit

I just looked at several of the seller's listings, and Paypal Credit is showing as an option on every listing I looked at. Can you give an item number where it's not showing for you.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Pay Pal Credit

I just looked at several of the seller's listings, and Paypal Credit is showing as an option on every listing I looked at.

@kathiec 

That does not mean the buyer can actually use it.  It is up to PayPal, and the buyer must apply.  I know this because once I got a big fat red donut negative for "seller advertises PayPal credit, then doesn't offer it".  

What you are seeing is purely advertisement, and not something a seller can choose to display or not. eBay puts it there regardless of the fact PayPal may not offer it when one goes to pay.  

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Pay Pal Credit

@ittybitnot 

I'm aware of all that. But the OP specifically stated "decided to check if the option was still there and no it's not", which indicates to me that the option isn't showing on the listing not just that they can't use it.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Pay Pal Credit

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@johnl9530 

eBay CS provided incorrect information.

The seller has basically no say in what payment form is accepted. 

Some are not able to use PP credit because of an eBay process of preauthorizing for offer and bids. Not all payment options are available then.

It appears some buyers are finding purchasing on ebay is becoming complicated & a challenge.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Pay Pal Credit

I stand corrected as enough people must have complained and now I'm seeing the PayPal option once again. thanks

Message 12 of 12
latest reply