cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pardon Our Interruption... we think you're a bot...

I am unable to browse for a CPU because I keep getting this message after I set all my search preferences(Buy it now, US only, used condition, socket type) then click list view.

Pardon Our Interruption...
As you were browsing eBay, something about your browser made us think you were a bot. There are a few reasons this might happen:

You're a power user moving through this website with super-human speed.
You've disabled JavaScript in your web browser.
A third-party browser plugin, such as Ghostery or NoScript, is preventing JavaScript from running.

This happens on my phone (mobile site and desktop), and on my windows 10 PC.

The threshold is too low.

Why not let me solve a captcha to prove I'm not a bot?

Why not give the option to save my search preferences? It's a waste of bandwidth changing my search options every single time I search for something.

Please Fix ASAP!!

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

"PARDON OUR INTERRUPTION" is not good enough!

This is happening if I try to go to the next page of a search, or select "Australia only" or other changes.

Ebay needs to address this immedately.

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

That error message is coming from Distil -- a third party service that is used by eBay and other sites to prevent bots from scraping content. It can be triggered by disabling JavaScript, repeatedly interrupting page loads or interrupting a page load in a particular way.

It appears that Distil has made a recent change that seems to have caused many users to get that error message.

See here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/eBay-is-flagging-me-as-a-browsing-bot/m-p/31522060#M7...

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Also getting this and cannot search for my items of interest. I haven't made any changes to my setup, i'm using Firefox 84.0.2

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

This is really annoying.  Fix this, eBay, or lose sales.  It's as easy as that.

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

i have also been getting this

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Driving even more of my business to Amazon. Smart.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

I have read that software called Distil is responsible for detecting bots trying to access eBay.

I opened a ticket for the same issue about Distil yesterday and eBay tech support wrote me back with a copy and pasted message that said eBay couldn't replicate my error with "Signing in to your Account".

I just now wrote them a response and included your thread so that they will know this is happening to multiple eBayers.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Are you searching (with keywords), or just browsing a category?

The problem seems to occur when category browsing and limiting the results to a particular country such as by using the "US only" item location.

You may be able to work around the problem by adding some keywords and hitting the search button rather than simply browsing the category. For a very general search, try using one of the words in the category name as a search term.

If you are searching the guitar category, for instance, try this search term:

(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,a,b,c,d,guitar)

That should find any listing in the category you are searching that contains a number, one of those letters or the word guitar in the title or item-specifics. Replace the word "guitar" with a word from the category name if you are searching a different category.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Between Managed payments 3 days of waiting to get paid,, and now this,, E-bay is doing everything they can to Have Mercari take them over

Glad I am not running any auctions right now

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

This is affecting me as well. Can't do basic searches without this happening half of the time. Safari, Chrome, doesn't seem to matter. Very annoying. 

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

23 years on E-Bay and I can't search past 4 pages. I have limited time to search and I like to peruse 4-5 hours of listings at a time. Good move, E-Bay--way to drive buyers to other sites!

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Can you provide a link to a search you are doing that results in that error -- that is the page address before the error message loads? And then what you are doing to get the error -- changing a filter or page number? If you are using a bookmarked search, you may be able to copy the bookmark link directly, though if you are using a saved search, I am not sure if that is easy to accomplish.

So far I have only been able to get the error to appear when category browsing (no search terms) and then changing the Item Location filter, but it sounds like others may be getting the error going from page one to page two of certain search results.

If I can figure out what is triggering the error I may be able to suggest a different search that will avoid the problem -- at least until eBay or Distil is able to address the underlying issue.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

I am also consistently getting this message - began happening today.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

This started to happening to me randomly yesterday.

And there is no way out except the back button.  Why isn't there some way to verify I'm not a bot? 

Message 15 of 26
latest reply