cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our beloved icons removed from the summary page too 😞

@eburtonlab 

I just noticed that our little cheat to see our icons on our purchase history page (through the summary page) is now missing as well.

So bummed...

How are we supposed to know whether we got feedback or not?

I'm just trying to get to my green star 😂

It was on the summary page yesterday...

🥺

So sad

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

@hurryagain,

The icons were only added a few years ago, so when you joined in 2004 there were no icons telling you that a seller left you feedback, what did you do back then and for many years after....  If you were like me you checked your feedback profile, it only takes one click to do that. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I want to say that when I started my selling account in 2013 those icons were already around.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Just another purported ebay user experience improvement

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

@hurryagain wrote:

How are we supposed to know whether we got feedback or not?

Go to your feedback profile page, and as long as you are logged in, it will show you in a banner near the top, what items are waiting for you to leave feedback for. Then, you can check what feedback you have received recently in the feedback list below, and choose which ones you want to leave feedback for.

https://feedback.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/hurryagain?

Disclaimer: I don't like this change either.

But, I suspect that it was done deliberately in order to reduce the emphasis on feedback-received for buyers. Most sites don't show feedback-received for buyers at all. eBay  may be moving in that direction.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Yes, of course we could toggle back and forth between our feedback profile page and our purchase history page but it is most illogical. 

As you say, it HAS to be that eBay is trying to move away from feedback given/received because this new setup makes the whole thing stupid.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

I have also noticed that, for purchases, the tracking number (if provided) used to appear directly on your Summary or Purchases page.  No longer, now you must drill down through Order Details to find it.  I like to see where my purchases are in the process, and this doesn't help.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@airsheep 

You can't see your tracking number on your purchase history page?  I can see mine.  You must be using either the eBay app or your browser on your phone.

If you are using your phone like I am, what I did was use the desktop feature (I don't use the eBay app).  I use Firefox on my phone and they have a desktop feature and the tracking numbers do appear on the desktop version. 🙂

... never liked the phone format...

Knowing ebay, they will probably do the same thing to the desktop site as well.

Unbelievable.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Actually, I don't like or use the app and always do my ebaying on my desktop.  Maybe I was 'selected' for a test rollout.  "No sir, I don't like it!"

eta:  Just went back and checked; yep, the tracking number is still buried in order details, not front and center any more.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

It got removed from the Summary page (which is my home/landing page), but is still under Purchases.  why, I know not 😛

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

That's is same for me... not on the summary page anymore but still on the purchase history page (for now)

So stupid.  High volume buyers are going to have a great time with this... makes the purchase history pages only half as useful as it once was 🙄

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

You can't see your tracking number on your purchase history page?

The Purchase History page has been going through multiple revisions; I am reasonably certain that at least one version did not display any tracking info without having to use the Order Details link.

At the moment I do see tracking links (but not graphical delivery indicators) on the Purchase History page, but not on the Summary page.

It is also possible that eBay is rolling out changes to different users at different times, or testing new features on a subset of users.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Another example of the morons that don't use the site deciding what will work best. So much for checking on feedback for a seller or buyer as well as checking quickly if an item has shipped or is being delivered and when. Getting real close to saying goodbye to EBay. EBay's stupidity is going to drive sellers and buyers away. 

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Totally agree, every time they make these stupid changes it's a step backwards! Very frustrating.

Go ahead eBay, keep making it harder to shop here. You're not the only option.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@hurryagain 

< it HAS to be that eBay is trying to move away from feedback >    

Not necessarily.  Don't assume that any change made to eBay was made deliberately.  It shouldn't come as a surprise when revisions to a code as complex as eBay's result in unintended consequences. 

Message 15 of 22
latest reply