cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered Item on the 6th. Still hasn't arrived. Should I look into getting a refund?

So I know there has been a lot of delays going on recently with USPS and I'm fine with that but I'm suspicious that this seller hasn't even bothered shipping the item yet and I'm wondering if I should look into getting a refund. So originally the seller provided a tracking number and it was suppose to arrive on the 14th. The tracking status has not changed from "Pre-shipment" and it did not arrive on the 14th. I decided to contact the seller and he told me that he would give me a refund if I send the item back when it arrives and that the post office is backed up. I told him its fine with the delays but I wanted a confirmation that he had already shipped the item. Never got a response. Decided to look at his profile earlier today and he's gotten two negative reviews about items not being shipped since the 28th of November. I also ordered two other items on the 10th and one of them has already arrived with the other arriving tomorrow. So should I just continue waiting with the chance that they might've shipped it or just get a refund at this point? (Sorry for the long wall of text) 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Ordered Item on the 6th. Still hasn't arrived. Should I look into getting a refund?

Considering everything you've said, I would go ahead and file an INR report.  I've ordered nine things in the last three weeks, and invariably the tracking has shown that the items were moving within two days of payment.

(All with USPS)

If the seller has quit communicating with you, well, there's your sign.

Before you buy from anyone, read  their profile!

______
I am a volunteer here to try and help others, so be nice and remember - My advice might well be worth what you're paying for it.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It’s completely up to you if you want to open a case. You have 30 days from the last estimated delivery date to file. 

I’m assuming he shipped, since he said to send it back when you get it. 
Some distribution centers are more overwhelmed than others.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@nicolas_2,

"So originally the seller provided a tracking number and it was suppose to arrive on the 14th. The tracking status has not changed from "Pre-shipment" and it did not arrive on the 14th."

Where are you getting your tracking info from?  If you get it by clicking in the tracking number in the purchase history check the info carefully.  I shipped a package a few weeks ago and the Pitney Bowes tracking info you get from ebayshowed;

12/7/2020  Label Created 10:34am

12/7/2020  Picked up  4:16pm

12/7/2020  Arrived at sorting facility 5:39pm

12/8/2020  Shipping information received, USPS awaits package

However, the USPS tracking site does not say that. There was no update for 10 days because of delays, but it finally moved on the 18th.

"Decided to look at his profile earlier today and he's gotten two negative reviews about items not being shipped since the 28th of November".

You should always look at a seller's feedback profile Before buying from them.

Look at their profile again. Were those the only selling feedback the seller had ever received, or the first in over a year?  Were the feedback from the same buyer?

If the seller had not sold before or in over a year, they probably ran into PayPal's 21 day payment hold placed on all new and returning sellers. The hold often catches new/returning sellers by surprise especially those who are buyers also, and have verified accounts.  If you see that come back and we'll tell you what you can do.

If they have selling feedback received in the last year, and the two feedback were from the same buyer,  they may have come from an impatient one, who somehow does not know about the delays caused by unprecedented package volumes, and Covid caused slowdowns.

"I also ordered two other items on the 10th and one of them has already arrived with the other arriving tomorrow".

Depending on your seller's location, their area may be heavily affected by the Covid resurgence some areas experiencedwhich caused some facilities to be closed or operations to slow way down because of employees being out or quartined.  My area is one of those places.  I shipped two packages on Nov 27th and 28th, one was delivered on Dec. 19, the other on the 21st. I have others sent Dec. 5-7th  just now leaving our area, with two just now reaching the buyer's cities.

"should I just continue waiting with the chance that they might've shipped it or just get a refund at this point? "

First check the USPS site one that starts with www.usps  ... If the tracking shows picked up or received by a facility, it is on its way but may not arrive in time for Christmas. If there is no acceptance scan, you could file for a refund, but ebay may make you wait a few more days.   If the item shows up later, do refund the seller. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply