cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORDER UPDATE email subject now missing the item name

ise710
Thrill-Seeker

This is not a good change, swapping in a generic subject "An update on your order" in the eBay ORDER UPDATE emails, as each of those emails will now have the same subject.

ise710_1-1713800202723.jpeg

Previously, the item name (or one of the item names in a combined shipment) is in the email subject. Every other buying email has the item name in its email subject, e.g.

You've submitted an offer: $xx.xx for [item name]

Offer accepted! Pay now to receive [item name]

Next steps if you still want [item name]

Seller made a counter offer: $xx.xx for [item name]

COMMITTED TO BUY: [item name]

You won! Pay now to receive [item name]

Order confirmed: [item name]

ORDER UPDATE: [item name] -- now replaced with "An update on your order" with no item name

DELIVERY UPDATE: [item name]

ORDER DELIVERED: [item name]

devon@ebay elizabeth@ebay kyle@ebay 

Can you ask the relevant team to put back the item name in the email subject of the ORDER UPDATE emails?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

ise710
Thrill-Seeker

ise710_0-1713872442955.jpeg

Here's an example of the order update emails arriving, without their item names in that identical email subject.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@ise710,

Are you getting those messages through ebay messages on a computer or the app, or are they in your regular email account?  If you are getting them on ebay, is one of the grayed out lines the order number? If it is then it should be easy to match them up with your purchase history info.

I do not get those messages my self, because I have blocked them. If I want info about an order I just go to my purchase history and check there for shipping info.

FYI, none of the blues you have tagged has a high enough pay grade to make changes, all they can do is forward requests to the team that made a change. However, experience has shown that once ebay makes a change even with the help of community members, they almost never reverse them.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@ise710 wrote:

This is not a good change, swapping in a generic subject "An update on your order" in the eBay ORDER UPDATE emails, as each of those emails will now have the same subject.

ise710_1-1713800202723.jpeg

Previously, the item name (or one of the item names in a combined shipment) is in the email subject. Every other buying email has the item name in its email subject, e.g.

You've submitted an offer: $xx.xx for [item name]

Offer accepted! Pay now to receive [item name]

Next steps if you still want [item name]

Seller made a counter offer: $xx.xx for [item name]

COMMITTED TO BUY: [item name]

You won! Pay now to receive [item name]

Order confirmed: [item name]

ORDER UPDATE: [item name] -- now replaced with "An update on your order" with no item name

DELIVERY UPDATE: [item name]

ORDER DELIVERED: [item name]

Can you ask the relevant team to put back the item name in the email subject of the ORDER UPDATE emails?

Good morning @ise710. Thank you for this feedback, we will get this passed along

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 4 of 4
latest reply