cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non realistic sellers on eBay

Hi allz!

Unfortunately I found out cruel reality of out of this world sellers!

Recently I was interested to buy a mobo with Z97 intel chip and LGA1050 socket.

I found out that most of sellers ask  for a used article a price as high or higher than the starting selling price (5-6 years ago or more)...

I realise we are under "corona zodiac" but this gone way too crazy!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

There are no "set" prices in auctions or flea-markets. Prices vary as the crow flies. Just keep checking. In time you might find one at a good price.  Also giving free listings leads to sellers "fishing".

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

When you shop on eBay, as anywhere else, you need to be a careful shopper.

There are probably lots of overpriced items here.  There is no requirement that a buyer purchase them.

Sorry -- but you cannot possibly blame this on the Corona virus.  This has gone on since the very beginning of eBay.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Sellers want a high price & buyers want a low price.

So buyers need to research for what is a fair price

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@adilla61,

"I found out that most of sellers ask for a used article a price as high or higher than the starting selling price (5-6 years ago or more)".

What do you find cruel about that?  Often boards that have been super ceded  are better than the ones that replaced them, or because of rarity have become worth more.   This happens in many other categories as well.  Just because a seller asks a high price for an item does not mean they will get it.  However, if people are paying close to that price, that is the items value.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Ask as you want but don't expect miracles...
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@adilla61,

"Ask as you want but don't expect miracles..."

That is the way some sellers operate, they throw out a price and hope someone will pay it.  I do not know what you think the item is worth, but I did a couple of searches which did not return results for a LGA 1050 but did find completed listing results for LGA 1150s w/ Z97 chips.  Apparently people are paying a fair amount of money for them.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=+Z97+intel+chip+and+LGA1050+socket&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=5805...

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@adilla61 

In the past two decades I have always found eBay prices to be the lowest for most items.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi mf, I totally agree with you! And my time is expanding so I will not expect miracles but I'm looking for it! 🙂
Message 9 of 9
latest reply