cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No communication No tracking deleted account

I purchased a gift for my husband but the seller has no tracking.

I messaged to check on shipment and the account is deleted.

I checked and only one sale( me) and zero reviews and no other items sold.

I trusted the platform over the years of buying and didn't know I needed to check.

Today is the last day of arrival and tomorrow I will file for a refund.

My Question is ,will the item in my purchase section still be their tomorrow ? And why did a "seller" think they would getting away with this?@links to members

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

The "Seller" won't get away with it. eBay generally holds new sellers' funds for up to 30 days, just because of these rare situations like what's happening to you right now. The item should still be in your Purchases tomorrow so you can file your claim.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

As previously pointed out, that is why ebay "holds" new and infrequent sellers so legitimate buyers like yourself have easy recourse if the seller does not follow through...

it sounds like you know the procedure, so just follow through

not all sellers are like that

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Sounds like eBay suspended the seller for whatever reason. 
But you are covered through Money Back Guarantee if you don't receive your item by the last estimated date of delivery.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Today was the last and final step to where I came back to confirm my request for a refund. 

eBay says " They will get back to me soon", and the case is still pending.

My question is,how long do they need to ok the refund ? I ordered on April 9,expected them by the 18, eBay said come back on 25th...I did.

How long will it take at this point?

Thanks- Helen

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Don't exactly understand -- in your first message dated April 18th, you stated that "tomorrow" (04/19/24) is the last estimated delivery date.  So you could have opened an INR case on the 20th?

So  now you have actually gone to your Purchase History, scrolled down to "did not receive" and clicked on it?

Don't exactly understand eBay's response either -- have never heard of them saying they will get back to you soon unless perhaps tracking shows movement? Did you check tracking?  And I don't understand eBay's wanting you to give the package a week after its last estimated delivery date to arrive.  

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I'm watching Judge Judy now and she is trying a case where a guy scammed folks on ebay. They paid 4500 for a car and the scammer never sent it. Judge Judy is destroying this guy. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Interesting.  And this is related to the OP's situation in what way?

BTW, as you probably know, motor vehicle sales on eBay work somewhat differently than those for other goods.  The buyer is expected to either inspect the car first, or to hire someone to do so on his behalf.

And the MBG works differently for cars.  But you would know that also.  

Perhaps Judge Judy's case is one of the standard motor vehicle scams where the car is listed on FB, CL or another site, not eBay, but the potential buyer is told it will go through eBay and sends the gift card numbers to the scammer.  We haven't heard about one of those here for awhile (fingers crossed). 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@dogofwar777 wrote:

I'm watching Judge Judy now and she is trying a case where a guy scammed folks on ebay. They paid 4500 for a car and the scammer never sent it. Judge Judy is destroying this guy. 

And the guy is taking all of it because Judge Judy's show is paying for some or all of the refund.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@dogofwar777 

If you don't have anything constructive to aid the OP of this thread please stop hijacking it.
Thank you. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply