cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Choice for Buyer . Forced Ratings Now

I just left my first ebay forced communist feedback rating for a seller.  Of course, it was positive. That's what I wanted to put. I just didn't expect it to be my only choice. Ebay is truly becoming more and more communist everyday. It's why no one shops on here anymore and many have left.

Since both buyers and sellers are now forced to post a positive rating, what's the point of the feedback system at all? Ebay should just do away with it as we've asked them to since it was implemented.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Can you explain the circumstances under which you were not allowed to leave neutral or negative feedback?

P.S. I don't believe the Communist Manifesto addresses eBay feedback comments. but perhaps you've studied it closer than I have.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

You are mistaken, you weren’t forced to leave positive feedback. You could have left negative feedback if you wanted to.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

forced communist feedback

I need to write that one down.  That was a keeper.

But you can leave other feedback-you just have to wait seven days if they are a top rated seller.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@raceteam wrote:

Since both buyers and sellers are now forced to post a positive rating, what's the point of the feedback system at all? Ebay should just do away with it as we've asked them to since it was implemented.

The only time I've ever seen that was for 'Power Sellers' who have been able to manipulate the Corner Office Dwellers into granting special favors.  All you have to do is wait until after the seven day 'cooling off period' to be able to leave honest FB.

Personally, I think there should be a three day period for all sellers, but they didn't ask me.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

If we have to assign a political description to a corporation, the most fitting one would be capitalist imho. If you think eBay is communist you must not have been here very long.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@divwido wrote:

But you can leave other feedback-you just have to wait seven days if they are a top rated seller.

Power Seller, not Top Rated Seller.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@raceteam wrote:

I just left my first ebay forced communist feedback rating for a seller.

So many people use that word without having the slightest idea what it means. But it does provide comic relief.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Buyers and sellers are not "forced" into leaving feedback. 

For Power Sellers, you have to wait 7 days to leave a neutral or negative. So you need to have patience. 

Buyers can only receive positive feedback no matter what.

Ebay will remind buyers & sellers to leave feedback. I even had a seller call my landline number to ask for feedback. His company just refused any communication with me. Had I been home, would have told him to buzz off. 😀

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Buyers come, some leave, and new buyers arrive.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

You are mistaken, you weren’t forced to leave positive feedback. You could have left negative feedback if you wanted to.

The OP wasn't forced to leave any feedback at all for that matter, since feedback is voluntary and optional.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Uh no only BUYERS get only positive ratings.  I think all Ebayers should get whatever true feedback they actually deserve but if your seller was less than great you DO have the option of neutral or negative.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Ebay does not force you to leave a positive for a seller.

The only requirement they have is a 7 day wait if you are posting feedback for a Powerseller.  

Other than that, the feedback rules apply.  No profanity, etc...

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

So, what does that look like on the latest feedback form?  Does it look like "positive" is pre-selected,   and the others dimmed out?  Is there a clear explanation that "neutral" and "negative" can be left after the 7 days?

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@couldabeenworse wrote:

So, what does that look like on the latest feedback form?  Does it look like "positive" is pre-selected,   and the others dimmed out?  Is there a clear explanation that "neutral" and "negative" can be left after the 7 days?

0282d272513d298ee2e9f6b9cbf89129

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 15 of 17
latest reply