cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New with box my @$$

Really gotta work on verifying the actual quality a product is supposed to be, and not just whether the shoes in the box are the actual shoe.  Part of the appeal of some designer shoes is the box they come in.  "New with box" listed sneakers should not be missing the **bleep** lid to the box.  I buy shoes exclusively from retail and ebay for this reason.  You guys are supposed to be the best in the shoe game.  Now im stuck with a frayed no lid box in my otherwise pristine collection because you guys won't return it.  Lame

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

New with box my @$$

I can't say as I blame you... that would upset me, too. This won't offer much consolation, but, quite possibly... you can find an empty shoe box here for sale that will at least keep your pristine collection pristine. Type your needs into the Search box and tag it as a favorite, so that you'll be notified if one becomes available. Good luck.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

New with box my @$$

Did the listing say the top of the box was included?

Have a great day
Message 3 of 28
latest reply

New with box my @$$

Here are couple of screenshots to show ebay that you did NOT get the  FULL BOX that was included on the listing.

janet9988_0-1680985402061.png

What does “new with box,” “new without box,” “new with defects,” and “pre-owned” mean?

• “New with box”: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item in the original packaging (such as the original box). All original accessories (laces, keychains, bags, etc.) are assumed to be included unless otherwise noted by the seller in the listing. The sneakers or box may have minor flaws due to aging, manufacturing flaws or defects that are uncontrollable by the seller.
For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 28
latest reply

New with box my @$$

Yes, that would be 'Item Not as described' to me.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

New with box my @$$

The listing should not have included the "new with box" if the the box was not complete.

It is not a box without the lid.

janet9988_0-1680986241159.png

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 6 of 28
latest reply

New with box my @$$

I dont know much about the Authenticity process. Is there not still the return option for "Item Not as Described"? How does one communicate with Authenticity reviewers? How do they communicate with buyers & sellers? 

Can someone point me to something that helps? Another buyer mentioned contact with the Authenticity team and I never heard how the policy/process is supposed to work for items that may have issues during the review process.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

New with box my @$$

@chris13 wrote:

I dont know much about the Authenticity process. Is there not still the return option for "Item Not as Described"? How does one communicate with Authenticity reviewers? How do they communicate with buyers & sellers? 

Can someone point me to something that helps? Another buyer mentioned contact with the Authenticity team and I never heard how the policy/process is supposed to work for items that may have issues during the review process.

Thanks!

Not all sneakers go through the Authenticity process, nor did the OP mention that these had. If they did, that's a whole 'nother ball of wax.

You can find information on the Authentication service here:

https://pages.ebay.com/authenticity-guarantee-sneakers-seller/

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

New with box my @$$

"You guys are supposed to be the best in the shoe game."

Perhaps you are unaware, but the "you guys" that you're addressing here are just thousands of fellow eBayers, buyers and sellers, who volunteer here to answer questions and help others if we can.  

Yes, some of us do sell shoes and could be the "best in the shoe game".  But not all of us "guys" have anything at all to do with shoe sales or shoe boxes.  

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

New with box my @$$

@kathiec Thanks for that.

@janet9988  posted a photo that I thought was from this listing that shows 'Sneaker Authenticator: Luis', I think its the fourth posting down from the OP, thats why I thought this thread was interesting and not just an NAD situation.

Will check out the link.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

New with box my @$$

I would suggest that before you buy your next pair of shoes here, email the seller and ask them if the box and lid are included.   It's possible that some might block you just for asking the question but you have no choice but to ask to ensure that you get the box with the lid.  Goodluck.

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

New with box my @$$

@chris13 wrote:

@janet9988  posted a photo that I thought was from this listing that shows 'Sneaker Authenticator: Luis', I think its the fourth posting down from the OP, thats why I thought this thread was interesting and not just an NAD situation.

The screenshot was just an example of a statement used by eBay on their Authenticity Guarantee pageas part of their advertising of the service:

https://pages.ebay.com/authenticity-guarantee-sneakers/

1.PNG

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

New with box my @$$

Idk if this helps anymore, but I sell my shoes as “new with box” even if the lid is missing. The difference is I say multiple times in my listings that the box lid is missing. I’ve even confirmed this with eBay directly and this is perfectly fine. Issue comes when you don’t state it, hope the insight helps

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

New with box my @$$

The condition description for Shoes says

New with box: The brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) is in the original packaging (such as the original  box or bag) and/or has the original tags attached. 

To me that means if it has original tags it doesn't  have to have the original packaging. That's  because it says in original packaging and/or has the original tags. 

Was the box and lid pictured? Were original tags included? Maybe stapled to the box or on the shoes or somewhere in the package?

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

New with box my @$$

@hoodlum_kicks wrote:

Idk if this helps anymore, but I sell my shoes as “new with box” even if the lid is missing. The difference is I say multiple times in my listings that the box lid is missing. I’ve even confirmed this with eBay directly and this is perfectly fine. Issue comes when you don’t state it, hope the insight helps

I am going to suggest that you rethink that.  My belief is that you're setting yourself up for INAD returns.  A box missing its lid is not "original packaging" in my mind, and I'll wager it is not "original packaging" in the minds of most, despite what some overworked CSR might have told you.

You don't show the lidless box in your photos, either.  And I see the "Box has no lid" mentioned only once, not multiple times, in the only two listings I looked at:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/385605599847?epid=8057863890&hash=item59c7e28267:g:Tz4AAOSwj01kXDP9

and

https://www.ebay.com/itm/385605621816?epid=14050273337&hash=item59c7e2d838:g:SR4AAOSwu55kXDkt

Constructive criticism, I hope.

-

Message 15 of 28
latest reply