cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New changes to ebay site are awful!

I like to search for ultiple things everyday, when i do my searchs i always look for "new listings". Ebay made a site change and now every search the column goes to "best match". This really sucks because i make 30 searches or more a day and the ebay site used to remeber "new listing" everytime. Now they are just like etsy, i hate etsy becuase there site does the same thing.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I just tried a couple of searches and each time my default is "Newly Listed" without my having to do anything else. If I change it to another option, then that one stays until I change it back (for example, "Ending Soonest."

Are they rolling something out that not all of us are in, perhaps?

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

That;s weird, i don't know why your account isn't doing what mine is. Ive used ebay since the begining about 1997, haven't had this happen until few days ago.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

From what I've been reading, there are strange things going on in various areas of eBay. I know sometimes people get different experiences because eBay is rolling out something new or testing, and it hasn't been applied sitewide. It is strange though. No one else has commented about it happening or not happening to them.

Just out of curiosity, can you try it in a different browser to see if you get the same result? Or try deleting your cache and/or cookies, etc.? Sometimes that helps me when I suddenly get strange behavior even though I haven't done anything different.

I hope you get it back to the way it was for you somehow, and that it's not a permanent change to come that we'll all be stuck with.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

@naturalimage,

I just ran a couple of searches, changing my default from Time: ending soonest, to Best Match, and Newly listed, and when I go back to My ebay home page it defaults back to ending soonest for each new search.  Maybe it changes when starting a search from another search result page.  I do find that sometimes when starting a search from Advanced search, there is no time or price options at all. 

I do have a scheduled utility that clears my temporary internet files and cookie cache nightly. Sometimes when doing a lot of searching on eBay I have to run that utility manually, because of the amount of cookies and files they seem to throw at us.  I use FireFox and adblocker plus and it is showing 6 ads being blocked on this page alone.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

They are truly dreadful.

Ebay will not help, there is no way of complaining and they will not reply to emails even if you can find one, unless you are in dispute.

To be fair, ebay will always be on your side if you complain about a purchase but if you want to tell them how **bleep** the new site is?

Forget it, they don't care. They will take your money but not your advice or reasoned comments.

I hope people use amazon instead, and they are as bad as it gets, because ebay no longer deserves loyalty: the site is a mess, they don't care and they charge far too much for doing next to nothing.

Don't bother leaving them messages, you'll hear nothing.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

This is very confusing and NOT helping me or people I know want to stick with Ebay. Amazon is really going to capitalize on this and ensure their site is very user friendly! Please fix Ebay or I'm moving to Amazon
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@naturalimage wrote:

... now every search the column goes to "best match".

I have had the same experience for the past couple of months. But eBay is always *bleeping* around with the search feature. I have grown accustomed to it, weary of it and now quite apathetic. I wonder if that is the new normal for eBay and all shopping? Apathy from their shoppers. Years ago, marketing gurus advising retail corporations preached about "the shopping experience", but that was then and this is now. They no longer try to entice shoppers but try to shape, mold, lead-by-the-nose and treat them as a commodity.

Apathy is a kind of repressed anger and neither of those emotions seems to matter to corporations anymore, who are only interested in one emotion from the shopper. Consumption. Yes, consuming is now viewed like an emotion.

Are you being manipulated thru the eBay search engine? Yes, we are.

Is Ebay search worse than Etsy search? Don't get me started on Etsy, which I believe is overtly arrogant and demeaning to their shoppers -so if you were trying to insult eBay by comparing them to Etsy, well, good job.

Thing is, eBay still, after all their years of *bleeping* around, has yet to create the worst site search engine on the Internet, but you can't blame them for trying.

But at this point I wonder if I can blame anyone at eBay directly for anything. This is likely a product of their hew and highly touted Artificial Intelligence. We are being artificially intelligized. Welcome to our brave new world.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

I have noticed I keep getting certain sellers. They are even "top seller". They may have a 97% rating, yet they are a top seller? If I am looking for flat back rhinestones, a certain color, 6 mm, 8 mm etc. I get " No matches" Then I get every other finger nail size rhinestone, jewelry, even a frying pan! It is such an adventure doing a search. Thank God for Hobby Lobby and Michael's when I really need something. Also, the sellers when I do find something provide a tracking number that never goes anywhere. Provided a number, yet you can't actually track anything with that number. I guess it is just a number generator so that there is a number provide. I buy waaayy less than I used to.
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

I agree this new ebay site sucks you cant track a item that you had bought .I hate it .it will probaly chase me away it ain't worth the hassle .
Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Yep. I agree. There shipping charges are weird to. I cant even get sellers to contact me .and when you buy something they want your money but they take sweet time shipping it and this new site. I hate it ..c- ya Ebay it ain't worth the hassle. How did they make this better ? Really .I bought a item I cant track .ebay heades up better change or your going to lose business and your stock is going down bro .
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Better change the site Ebay your going to lose business and your stock will take a hit .

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Burn EBay, keep listing new items at lower prices. Then cancelling the orders. Keep that false advertising up. And someone might just try and fight you for all those advertising site scams.
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

EBAY DOESN'T CARE AND JUST KEEPS CHANGING THINGS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT FOR NO REASON.  I WISH I COULD GET MY HANDS ON THE NECK OF THE CLOWN THAT DESIGNED THE NEW AND **bleep** SOLD PAGE THAT JUST MOVED EVERYTHING ALL OVER THE PLACE FOR KICKS.   EBAY ALWAYS MAKES CHANGES FOR NO REASON AND NO MATTER HOW MANY COMPLAINTS THEY GET THEY DO NOTHING BUT OFFER LAME CUSTOMER SERVICE WHERE YOU CAN SPEAK TO SOMEONE WHO KNOWS LESS THAN YOU ABOUT EBAY AND LIKELY DOESN'T SPEAK VERY GOOD ENGLISH.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

I know the 30 day fixed listings to only GOOD Til cancelled sucks. (Bad til cancelled cause they take fees and force items to renew)

Message 15 of 20
latest reply