cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neg feedback removed.

I made an offer on a guitar last week and the seller accepted. I had a look for the item the next day to arrange to go and pick it up as that was the prefered option by the seller in the listing.

The transaction had been cancelled by the seller with no reason given and he had also imediately relisted it.

I messaged him asking why and he said I didn't get in touch with him to arrange payment , this is all in a time frame of about 12 hours !

I contacted ebay and they were also baffled as to why he had done that and that if I wanted to I could always leave feedback on the seller as I could find the cancelled item on my ebay.

I left a neg feedback stating "the worst seller I've ever dealt with" . It got removed ?

I called ebay and the assistant was a also confused as to why it had been removed. He said it had probably been a miss judgement by the member of staff that had removed it and that he would look into it, but that was all he could do and wasn't allowed to divulge the results or why it was removed.

Out of 1476 transactions I've only ever left 3 neg feedbacks and thought this one was justified.

How can a seller manage to get a waranted feedback removed, is it a new ebay policy ?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Neg feedback removed.

Did you mention negative feedback at all in your communications with the seller? There’s no new policy. All it takes is the right rep willing to do the wrong thing and negative feedback will be removed. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Neg feedback removed.

No.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Neg feedback removed.

There are a number of reasons, why the seller did, what he did.  All, of which, may seem outlandish to a bidder. Everyrhing from nit-picking the item to pieces, once in your hands, to that of you might meet him with an AK-47 in your trunk.  I'm not saying that what he did was right....It's a pretty spooky way to run a rail road. I'm just saying, as you were already "pre-approved" to verticulate in this way,  he may have had some other intervention, change his mind. I used to have no problem, meeting the buyer in person to deliver...  Sadly, this day and age, it has me re-thinking.  There is a fine line between paranoia and common sense. The FB removal is [to me] no big surprise.  As with a B&M, no seller is exempt from dishonorable intentions.  We all do not know each-other.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Neg feedback removed.

Had you already paid for the item? 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Neg feedback removed.

eBay sucks. They don't do anything about bad sellers. I've called and they just try to pacify you and they go ahead and allow bad sellers to get away with anything and tons of fakes being sold ripping people off. They allow bad reviews to be deleted. I'm quite sure they let sellers delete bad reviews. eBay is horrible
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Neg feedback removed.

Sellers cannot 'delete' bad feedback. Only ebay can and they rarely do. If sellers could delete their bad feedback nobody would have a negative at all. I agree that sellers of fake stuff are a problem but the buyer needs to take some responsibility.  Most of the time the buyer either did not read the description or they allow greed to rule their decisions because they want a 'deal'.

CW4PWK--Taji,Iraq-42404
'They won't get it all, and they won't have it long.'

'You gotta see those creeps crawl...' Echo & the Bunnymen-"Crocodiles'
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Neg feedback removed.

I understand how frustrating this is.  You rarely leave a negative, then you leave a well earned one and it is removed.  It happens.

It's not a new policy.  Sellers will call incessantly until they get a rep who will remove the neg.  Or they have a concierge agent at Ebay who is their contact and they will do it.

This puts the buyer in a bad position because when you check feedback, it has been scrubbed.  You can't judge what you can't see, so you can't make an informed decision on whether to buy or not.  I've read posts that said they look at all sellers as suspect now.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Neg feedback removed.

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

I understand how frustrating this is.  You rarely leave a negative, then you leave a well earned one and it is removed.  It happens.

I save negs for truly egregious behavior, yet have had negs removed.  And I have entered into bad transactions because the seller had previous negs removed, so I have no way of knowing I should avoid them. 

It's not a new policy.  Sellers will call incessantly until they get a rep who will remove the neg.  Or they have a concierge agent at Ebay who is their contact and they will do it.

This puts the buyer in a bad position because when you check feedback, it has been scrubbed.  You can't judge what you can't see, so you can't make an informed decision on whether to buy or not.  

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Neg feedback removed.

All it takes is the right rep willing to do the wrong thing and negative feedback will be removed. 

Or left it in place.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Neg feedback removed.

You have left at least double the amount of negatives you state, plus several neutrals.  I don't know what exactly happened, but when you put false statements in your opening post it makes me doubt the validity of what you say . 

There may be much more to the story than we are being told.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Neg feedback removed.

7 Negative 5 Neutral 4 Withdrawn (3 removed by eBay)

This is not counting the one that was removed.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Neg feedback removed.

It sounds like this was local pickup listing requiring that you collect the item from the seller.  Did you pay for the item or were you suppose to pay for it when you collected it?

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Neg feedback removed.

I think it could be because you said "the worst seller ever"~I believe feedback is supposed to be factual?  While this was factual for you, perhaps it was too extreme?  Just a thought.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply