cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an advice of what to do please

Hello everyone.

I recently bought an item worth $700+ using my credit card, but then i decided to cancel the order because it's too good to be true price. Then I requested to cancel the order just right after i purchased it, however after a day i recieved an email from ebay that the item has been removed and also the sellers account has been removed as well. Does anybody know how to get the refund for it Im really struggling right now to fix it as it is a lot of money.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Since the item and seller have both been removed, you will need to file an Item Not Received through Paypal.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

The fastest way may be to call your credit card company and do a chargeback on the item. Otherwise you can go to the Resolution Center and open a case with eBay after the last estimated delivery date (you have 30 days to do that) and they will refund you if you haven't received the item. You are protected by eBay's money back guarantee.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

If you used your credit card from the Ebay check out screen, it did get processed through PayPal.  You won't see it on your PP screen, but they process these CC payments for Ebay.  Call PP in the morning.  Tell them what is going on and get them to cancel the payment for you or file a claim if that is what they want you to do.

You can get your money back.  It is just a matter of which option would be the fastest.  And Most likely calling PP will be the quickest.

If you clicked on the PP button to pay and then funded through your CC, then that transaction will show on your PP account, so you can go file a claim right now if you choose to.

Please come back and tell us if you found the right method to resolve this issue for yourself.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

When an item or seller has been removed from eBay @donette the fastest way to get a refund is to find the item at the bottom of eBay Purchase History then click More actions > I didn't receive it:

If you open a dispute at PayPal, a refund takes over 2 weeks.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I tried to open my transactions through paypal but paypal does not have the transaction. But it says on my CC transaction is paypal
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@donette,

If you looked on PayPal using their app, you may want to try again by logging in the classic way with your username/email address and password.  If this is a very recent purchase it should be near the top of the transaction history.  It is there, even if the seller and item were removed by ebay. You may have to click on several transactions to view the details of them.  Save or write down the ebay item number from the transaction.

Once you have found the transaction scroll to the bottom of the paypal page, click on the Contact Us button. On the new page scroll down until you see the "Other ways to contact us" header.  Click on the phone icon and follow the prompts you'll probably need info from the transaction details Transaction date, ebay item #, seller ID/name.  If your problem isn't mentioned click on that button until you finally get their phone #.  Make sure you tell the rep both the item and seller have been removed by ebay. 

Do not open a claim with your credit card provider unless you absolutely have to, since it does show the payment was processed through PayPal.  If you do that it slows the process down even further, and it could cause Paypal to limit your future use of their buyer protections. 

Good Luck with this, and next time you see an item with a too good to be true price, listen to your inner voice, which is probably warning you not to jump at the purchase.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

One more note:  You can "request" a cancellation from a seller.  The seller can then decide to grant the cancellation - or not.  Requesting a cancellation is not a guarantee - nor something you get to decide. Just FYI

I saw that...

~KARMA
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@donette wrote:
I tried to open my transactions through paypal but paypal does not have the transaction. But it says on my CC transaction is paypal

I did mention in my previous post that if you checked the box to pay with a credit card during the Ebay checkout process, PP does process the payment, but you will not see it on your PP account.  You need to call PP to get access to the transaction.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@virtualwhimsy wrote:

One more note:  You can "request" a cancellation from a seller.  The seller can then decide to grant the cancellation - or not.  Requesting a cancellation is not a guarantee - nor something you get to decide. Just FYI

That doesn't work when a seller's account is closed by Ebay.  You have no way to contact the seller anymore.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@bivy wrote:

The fastest way may be to call your credit card company and do a chargeback on the item. Otherwise you can go to the Resolution Center and open a case with eBay after the last estimated delivery date (you have 30 days to do that) and they will refund you if you haven't received the item. You are protected by eBay's money back guarantee.

If the item/seller removed the eBay route will likely not be possible, as the item transaction no longer exists.

Other posters have provided the correct process.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@virtualwhimsy wrote:

That doesn't work when a seller's account is closed by Ebay.  You have no way to contact the seller anymore.

It doesn't sound like that sometning being suggested for this situation but a for your information as it states about the op mentioning cancelling just so they know in the future that it's just a request 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 12 of 12
latest reply