cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SHIPPING FROM RUSSIA TO THE USA

I support independence for Ukraine, sanctions against Russia, and punishment for Putin's war crimes. I hope the Russian people - who are good people - will be able to replace him and move towards democracy. That said, I have a question: an item on my watch list, from Russia, now says, "no delivery to the US". Is this an eBay policy? The seller's policy? A US national policy? There are eBay sellers in Russia who sell here to make ends meet, just like others do. They are not rich, their income doesn't feed Putin's war machine, and they don't necessarily support Putin. Where did this ban come from? I can certainly live without the watched item, but don't understand the source of the ban. Thanks.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

@epsilon_publishing,

"Maybe someday you can visit Russia and discover they are real people. too, just like us".

I never judge people by their nationality.  While I have never visited Russia, I have met many Russian people through one of my oldest friends.  He studied in Russia for 2 years and is an attorney who specializes international trade, most of it with Russian clients.  He goes to Russia 3-5 times a year and married a wonderful woman he met there. They have brought some of their visiting clients to my place on a lake, in the summer months to enjoy some boating and swimming. 

My brother who has some disabilities has a care giver who is Russian, and her cousin is his housekeeper.  He brings them and their families out here in the summers, and because our family is scattered he has their families over for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  The adults and some of the older children were born in Russia, they've been here for 5 years, and they are worried about what is happening inside the country.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@7606dennis wrote:

Unfortunately for the Russian people, the actions of their government has resulted in sanctions by many other countries around the world.   

Unfortunately for the 20% of the world, mostly Africa,  that now does not have enough food to eat because of US sanctions.

Actually, sanctions are nearly entirely by Western Europe and the US only. Other countries, being threatened by the US with sanctions if they don't comply with US demands on sanctions, have sometimes gone along. 

Overall the sanctions have "isolated" Russia from 10% of the world's populations. the other 90% of the world is still trading with Russia and resents being told what to do by the US/NATO.

The era of the US telling the rest of the world what to do and how to act, that era is over.  The dollar is not any longer the world's reserve currency, and the petrodollar is also dead. The "sanctions" have backfired. Russia is self-sufficient, especially in food, they learned to do that from the last round of sanctions US applied in their never-ending war against Russia.

The sanctions have backfired spectacularly and will hit the West a lot harder than they affect Russia.

The US needs to learn how to get along with the rest of the world, instead of starting NATO wars and arming terrorists in countries like Syria, to overthrow the government and arming Azov neo-Nazi's in Ukraine. The days when, if the US Deep State disagrees with a nation's political posture, that the US/NATO can overthrow their government,  those days are over.

Too bad the Deep State and US media can't experience what the people of Donbass have been suffering from, due to US machinations, for the past 8 years - daily shelling from Ukraine, supplied with NATO weapons. 100% civilian targets by NATO-trained snipers and NATO-ammo shelling.  They have lived in hell, ignored by the US and the US media. Now Russia is handling the problem, a problem created by the US/NATO. 

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

@lichtpriester wrote:

I support independence for Ukraine, sanctions against Russia, and punishment for Putin's war crimes. I hope the Russian people - who are good people - will be able to replace him and move towards democracy.

I support independence for Donbass, which Kiev/NATO have been terrorizing for the past 8 years.

Russia is now ensuring that these human beings, who have lived in hell for the past 8 years, can now live their lives in peace.

The "War Crimes" are being committed by US-funded and trained Ukrainian Azov Battalion - shelling refugees who attempt to use the humanitarian corridors, shooting in the back those Ukrainian soldier who wish to surrender, targeting civilian areas of ethnic-Russian cities with their NATO bombs. A lot of Azov is high on methamphetamine, a drug which makes one very paranoid, and given they are heavily armed, this leads to the atrocities that are falsely  blamed on Russia.

Russia s far more of a "democracy" than the US. There is no freedom of the press here, freedom of religion was ended under Covid, the elections are fraudulent. The big cities are cesspools of crime and corruption. In Russia, one has a choice of media, from far-Left to far-Right. In the US, there is one  government-approved narrative. Putin is rebuilding the great Christian cathedrals. In the US, amorality is rampant, and the only law is the law of "might makes right". 

Sanctions have resulted in inflation and a recession in the US, maybe worse. The summer is just starting.  

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

@epsilon_publishing,

"Russia s far more of a "democracy" than the US. There is no freedom of the press here, freedom of religion was ended under Covid, the elections are fraudulent. The big cities are cesspools of crime and corruption. In Russia, one has a choice of media, from far-Left to far-Right. In the US, there is one government-approved narrative. Putin is rebuilding the great Christian cathedrals. In the US, amorality is rampant, and the only law is the law of "might makes right".

If you feel so strongly about Russia being a bastion of freedom, why don't you immigrate there?  The things Putin, a former KGB officer, is doing in Russia and the Ukraine today, is highly reminiscent of what I saw happening in Nam by the Viet Cong/NLF forces.   Fortunately for you, because you live in the U.S. you can voice any opinion you want, and we have to accept that fact. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@lichtpriester wrote:

I support independence for Ukraine... 

You do know that Ukraine is an independent country, and it has been one since 1991, with its current constitution in place since 1996.

-

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

I would move to Russia in a NY minute, but they have and enforce immigration laws, unlike the US.

What "things" is Putin doing? You have source for these allegations? The only terrorists in Ukraine are the Azov battalion, who DO **bleep** women, kill civilians and shoot in the back anyone wishing to surrender. 

Hello, I can voice any opinion I like in the USSA? The censored, managed "news" is 100% anti-Russian, Russophobic. Youtube? Google? FascistBook? You are making a joke, right? The "news" has been anti-white, anti-male, anti-Christian, anti-Business, anti-hetero, anti-prosperity, etc. for decades. The media never lies? The media never distorts and omits? The media is not the source of hate speech and divisiveness? LMAO! 

Russians are attacked for speaking Russian, ethnic Russian children are beaten. Trucks with Russian license plates are vandalized, Russian tourists are attacked, thanks to the climate of hysteria created in the media you seem to be relying on. 

I worked at the 5-sided building for a long time. I used to love my country, but not the way it is now. And NATO needs to go away. The 90% of the world that is not the US or Western Europe agrees.  

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Since this thread has gotten a bit off-topic, please bring the discussion back to subject established in the original post.

Thank you.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

@epsilon_publishing wrote:

@lichtpriester wrote:

I support independence for Ukraine, sanctions against Russia, and punishment for Putin's war crimes. I hope the Russian people - who are good people - will be able to replace him and move towards democracy.

I support independence for Donbass, which Kiev/NATO have been terrorizing for the past 8 years.

Russia is now ensuring that these human beings, who have lived in hell for the past 8 years, can now live their lives in peace.

The "War Crimes" are being committed by US-funded and trained Ukrainian Azov Battalion - shelling refugees who attempt to use the humanitarian corridors, shooting in the back those Ukrainian soldier who wish to surrender, targeting civilian areas of ethnic-Russian cities with their NATO bombs. A lot of Azov is high on methamphetamine, a drug which makes one very paranoid, and given they are heavily armed, this leads to the atrocities that are falsely  blamed on Russia.

Russia s far more of a "democracy" than the US. There is no freedom of the press here, freedom of religion was ended under Covid, the elections are fraudulent. The big cities are cesspools of crime and corruption. In Russia, one has a choice of media, from far-Left to far-Right. In the US, there is one  government-approved narrative. Putin is rebuilding the great Christian cathedrals. In the US, amorality is rampant, and the only law is the law of "might makes right". 

Sanctions have resulted in inflation and a recession in the US, maybe worse. The summer is just starting.  

You do realize that the USA is a Democratic Republic and not a Democracy, right?

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 23 of 27
latest reply

The source of the problem goes way back to 1972 when the USA put trade sanctions on The Soviet Union.   The sanctions that are in place now are the reason in tandem with the fact that supporting anything that can bring Putin down has become fashionable since the election of 2016 in which Clinton blamed Russian trolls for her loss.  The absurdity of all of this is astounding to say the least.  I’m not willing to triple price for goods imported to a business in the USA because of politicians and their corruption. Go to any Russian supplier here and they can get goods from Russia, but you and I can’t buy directly. It’s so disgusting that humans resort to putting down another nation especially when they only know one side of the story or choose to share one side of the story.  My family has property in Ukraine and they have been under siege since the early 2000’s.  The Ukrainian federal government cannot and will not control local militia groups that murder innocent civilians both Ukrainian and Russian in order to steal from them. The corruption is unreal. Putin doesn’t want Ukraine. Most of it is a cesspool criminals. It’s like having the kkk and the mafia in your local town with the feds letting them steal and kill innocent people. Russia made specific agreements with Ukraine in 1994 when Ukraine remained communist.  Ukraine has many ethnic Russians. If it were you living in Ukraine under a government that is inept, wouldn’t you want something to be done. Putin should have finished this war in 2007 and it could have been curtailed.  Russians are good people and I feel bad this happened because it shows how evil we are for choosing to side with organized crime in Ukraine.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Who cares if I called some naive person living in Russia a good Russian or an evil Russian or a black, white or gay Russian? You're throwing a name out yourself, and not meant in a kind way.  

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

Finally someone with the moral courage to speak the truth, for far too long the U.S. has wrapped itself in the blanket of morality. Look at what it has done  around the world, its illegally in Syria and continues the same irresponsible behavior in Georgia and other states in eastern Europe looking for regime change. It might be beneficial if the U.S. would mind its own house first.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply