cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum amount make an offer allows

I was looking for a Pokemon card (Lycanroc, midday form) and found one for .99 or make an offer.  However, the make an offer page said .99 was the minimum you could offer.  So make an offer does not work for items under a dollar.   I later found one with "free shipping"  since it was priced a bit higher I could make the offer.

So there is another use for free shipping.   Puts the full cost into the item and allow room for make an offer to be used on under a dollar items.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Was this an auction or a fixed price listing?

On fixed priced listings, sellers are opened to accept offers lower that the list price to end the listing early.

On auction listings, on the other end, sellers may accept an offer higher than the starting price and end the listing then, or refuse and let the bidding decide the price.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Fixed price but, the software won't allow an offer under .99    That was the bin price plus shipping.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If the seller has multiples available the best offer could be used to get a discount, say $8 for 10 of the items or something.

If it's just a single item then you are right, it's completely useless to have the offer available.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply