cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maybe I found Fibber MaGee ?

Four days ago  I was desperately searching for some special floating charms  I needed to be able to finish  some themed living memory lockets  I've been working on . Finally I found a seller in Asia  who had some listed . Happily I ordered and paid for two sets .  The next day the order was marked  as shipped and the seller even included a tracking number . However today [4 days later ] I receive a message in my inbox  from the seller telling me they are out of stock on these specific charms  and they can't tell me when they will be getting any more of them in ,, if ever .   Umm ,, then how did they send  them ? and doesn't it cost a bit more to include tracking ?  Of course I posed these same questions to the seller  but the gigantic time difference  means I probably won't be getting an answer real soon.  I'm wondering if they have me confused with another buyer  and my stuff has actually been sent . Has anybody had this happen  and if so  did you get your order ? Thanks - Tulips 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

They could've bought the label during processing with the intention to use it once the order was packed.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@turquoisetulips,

"The next day the order was marked  as shipped and the seller even included a tracking number".

As lintbrush wrote, the seller may have an automated system that asigns a shipping label w/ a tracking number to each order.

"However today [4 days later ] I receive a message in my inbox  from the seller telling me they are out of stock on these specific charms... how did they send  them ? and doesn't it cost a bit more to include tracking" ? 

Obviously they did not send them, all they did was create a label. Until an item is actually shipped they do not pay anything.  I'm guessing te seller is actually in China, where the government subsidizes shipping, and tracking doesn't cost anything.  However, China Post tracking does not work once a package leaves chinese control. (FYI, even in the US if postage is bought online, tracking is included at no extra charge)

"Of course I posed these same questions to the seller  but the gigantic time difference  means I probably won't be getting an answer real soon".

They probably will not reply at all. A) because high volume sellers often have too many messages to reply to. B) because what they are fishing for is for you to ask to cancel the order. That way they do not get a defect for not having the item in stock.  The only way around that is to reply to the message saying they were out of stock, by stating regarding your message sent on 8/14/18, I expect a full refund.  Do not mention canceling the order.  

They may reply to that message asking if you want to cancel, so just reply stating, I expect a full refund. If they ask for feedback or anything else, use the help & contact button at thebottom of the page. Call ebay customer service, and tell them the seller is trying to get you to cancel for their out of stock problem, and if they ask for feedback, also say they are committing feedback extortion. Ask the rep to review the messages between you and the seller. eBay should give you a refund, and charge it back to the seller. Once you have a refund, leave a negative feedback.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

However, China Post tracking does not work once a package leaves chinese control. (FYI, even in the US if postage is bought online, tracking is included at no extra charge) mudshark - unquote -------------------------

Okay  I will make certain  to do that . However as far as tracking  its true the tracking usually stops once the package leaves China  unless the seller provides e packet delivery . To qualify for that  a buyer usually has to purchase a certain amount . E packet is a much faster delivery and the tracking will go right to your door.  I only go that route when I need something quicker . Tulips 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@lintbrush* wrote:

They could've bought the label during processing with the intention to use it once the order was packed.

Yep - that's exactly what happened - The seller got back to me this morning and is issuing a refund .  Tulips 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

@lintbrush* wrote:

Yep - that's exactly what happened - The seller got back to me this morning and is issuing a refund .  Tulips 

Hopefully the seller followed through with the refund and hopefully your communications are through ebays messages. Save them all. And if the seller does the delay tactics, please don't let your time run out for getting your money back. File item not received case. 

energy flows where attention goes

Message 6 of 6
latest reply