cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made purchase Sept 16, still outbound months later.

What should I do? I purchased a mannequin on Sept 16 with a crazy expected delivery date (Dec 22)..I thought it was a mistake but I purchased it anyway. I shouldn't have.

According to Yanwen tracking, my purchase has been sitting outbound since last scan on sept 25. I have since contacted the seller..last communication was on Oct 9, "Delivery is slow with in these days Please wait this is a not only affect to United states."

So should I just wait? I paid through paypal.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your protected. You will have to wait a day past the delivery date to file an item not received case. So on Dec 23, go to the resolution center if it's not arrived yet and file the case. Link at bottom of page.  The joys of buying from China.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You saw the estimated delivery date, thought it was a mistake, but went ahead and made the purchase anyway?

There is nothing at all that you can do until the last estimated delivery date has passed, so that would be December 23rd.  

Should you just wait? Yes -- you do not have any choice.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Your protected. You will have to wait a day past the delivery date to file an item not received case. So on Dec 23, go to the resolution center if it's not arrived yet and file the case. Link at bottom of page.  The joys of buying from China.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Yes, I did. I already admitted I shouldn't have.

If I don't have any choice, then I will wait. Thanks for your input.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thank you, I was hoping i had some kind of recourse just in case. Yes, I know I shouldn't have made the purchase if the terms said dec 22 expected delivery date for a purchase made sept 16. I know, I was dumb..I get it. I just don't want to be left without recourse after so much time has passed and I don't get my purchase.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Sorry but you can't say it did not come until you allow time for it. Even if it's a LOT of it.   Your protected, just make a note to file that case. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I made a note of it to file the case if it comes to that, thank you.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

OK, now you need to stop beating yourself up over this.  That's probably a mistake you'll never make again.

Why do you think you would "be left without recourse"?  

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Well, since I paid with Paypal, and the deadline to file with them is fast approaching, I thought that I would have been sol.

I sure won't make this mistake again, and I surely appreciate the help that I've received from the community members!

On a positive note, I've been communicating with the seller, and here is our most recent exchange. I might get my money back after all. Cropped out the seller's name to protect privacy. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

The last estimated delivery date, per your message, was December 22nd.

So you have been "communicating with the seller" and you might get your money back?

So the seller is voluntarily refunding you although there is still more than a month left before the estimated delivery date? 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

looks like it. 

I have since learned that as a buyer to pay attention to estimated delivery dates, take them seriously, and not buy if I don't agree to it.

Hopefully this seller learned something too: don't use the slowest shipping method on earth for package handling. Increases customer dissatisfaction. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply