cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item to Canada, stuck in Glendale Heights, IL facility?

Hey, I’m wondering if my package is potentially lost/stolen? I bought a sports card from the US and I live in Toronto, Canada. It was received at the Glendale Heights, IL facility 5 days ago and there’s been no updates since. The package was supposed to be inspected and sent to Acsendia, who are awaiting the item and have no info to give me either. The day it arrived at Glendale Heights, it stated “your item is being inspected”. It updated the next day to “your item is on the way”, but no tracking updates or scans had taken place. EBay is useless with actually looking into this, I can’t get anywhere with them. The item is a sports card not something involving batteries like I’ve seen posted here frequently and are known for delays. Iam thinking it’s potentially stolen? I buy sports cards all the time and never had this happen. Any advice?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Anyone?

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

No matter where the package is routed through it's covered by the Money Back Guarantee. Sometimes there are backlogs at the international shipping hub. But if it's past the last estimated delivery date and you've seen no movement you can open an item not received case. You can do that up to 30 days after the last estimated delivery date.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Ya I get that, but this is a rare item and not easy to come by. Money back guarantee doesn’t do much for me. Looking for people who have similar experiences or can help me figure out what’s going on.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I had 4 separate sales to Canada.  One took almost a month to arrive after it left Glendale, IL. This particular buyer lived in the West coast of Canada in a very small town. I don't recall the name.  The new tracking # took a while to be posted too.   You will have to be patient.  Did you get an estimated arrival date?

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

I got an ascendia tracking # same day it arrived in Glendale heights. For 7 days the new tracking # says “electronic information submitted”. Ascendia confirmed they haven’t received the item and that this isn’t normal. It looks like it passed inspections at Glendale heights then nothing for 7 days. 

Ebay estimated delivery date is July 3.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I would say just try and remain patient. A watched pot never boils. 

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I've got a similar problem. My item (Canada->Germany)  is stuck  in Glendale since August, 15th.

My  item is also very rare and i want my parcel and not the money back.

If I won't get my parcel, I'll take the money and then  That's it for me. Bye eBay.

The shipping via the eBay Hub in Erlanger was much better.  Had never problems with parcels from North America.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

This thread is pretty old and the original poster either got his item or his money back some time ago.  

As far as your new concern, if you have not received your item after the last expected delivery date, you can file item not received.

But getting your item or getting your money back are the only two choices.  If your item truly is lost nobody has the power to magically make it reappear.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Hi. I went through the same scenario in September 2023. A collectable item was bought in the United States and shipped to Canada.  I got the refund one month later spending lots of time e-mailing the Seller, E-Bay and chatting with Robots and Agents. The money cannot pay for  my lost time and the lost or stolen item.  This is where the fun and positive experience ends. I ordered a similar item at double price to replace the missing one in October.  I noticed the same pattern again. The item was delivered again to an "individual" at Glendale Heights, IL before working hours. It has been a week with no shipping activity, that makes me suspicious of someone not turning the item in for processing.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I think the US had a national holiday around then, not Thanksgiving but I'm not sure what.

So the plant may be backlogged.

The IL plant does not seem to close on Sundays, like the GSP plant in Kentucky.

FWIW Glendale Heights is about 30 minutes down the road from O'Hare Airport.

Never watch tracking.

Mark the last estimated date for delivery on your calendar and relax.

I've been selling mail order since the 1970s and in my experience, it often takes 21 days for a shipment to move from anywhere in the US to anywhere in Canada.

And as others have mentioned, you are covered by the Money Back Guarantee.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

"Individual" seems to mean that the specific package was accepted at the loading dock, not a pallet of goods with a single manifest.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

So did any of you get your item? @a.divalentin @kickflip1977 @branislav5055 There's so many threads about this, and nobody ever updates with whether they received the item after it was stuck in limbo at Glendale Heights for however long.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM JUNE 2023

The problem with zombie threads is that the advice and information may be out of date or incorrect.

Without the estimated dates for delivery, it is impossible to know if the shipment is late or moving normally.

Because most shippers including USPS and FedEX use hub and spoke delivery systems, watching tracking baffles common sense.

The problem seems to be more individual cases, and cases where the buyer foolishly watches tracking.

There are constant posts about this on dotCA, and almost all are resolved before the last date for delivery.

Fun fact: if the purchase is refunded but arrives late, the buyer keeps both item and refund. There is no impact on the seller for this, as their responsibility for delivery ended in Glendale Heights when eIS accepted the shipment.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I got my item 5 to 6 das after my posting.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply