cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a special item request department? I mean for a certain brand name and item?

I have often wondered why I have never seen a "Wanted to Buy" department on eBay, I often look for hours on end browsing eBay  exasperatingly trying to locate a particular item. Lots of times of course I never find it because there is so many items and so many items for sale. Can such a department be created? Sincerely Mrs. Lee

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Is there a special item request department? I mean for a certain brand name and item?

NO, there used to be Wanted To Buy but it was discontinued  because instead of listing it the sellers were contacting the buyers and offering it for sale outside of eBay.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

If you type in the search bar you will find items as per your description. 

I often google and then find an eBay item that way, once you are in to eBay you can then search similar.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@leeorl_hercc,

Often it depends on your search terms and whether or not you select a category when you do a search, that affect the results.  Maybe if you told us the search you have been using we could tell you how to revise it to get more relevant and fewer results.   On the first search results page, there are often filters that can narrow down a search in the left hand column. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Since you're looking for a specific name brand item, you can use your favorite search engine (DuckDuckGo, Bing, etc.) to search for it using the product name and eBay as your search terms. 

My experience has been that the first page or two will usually have nothing but links that will take you to eBays "We looked everywhere" error page, but eventually you'll find the item live on the site. Assuming that someone is actually selling it, of course. From there you can then search similar, just as downunder-61 suggested.

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

You need to use the Search bar at the top of any eBay page.  If you do not find this special item, you click on the box that tells you that you'll be notified when the item shows up on eBay.  

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@leeorl_hercc wrote:

Lots of times of course I never find it because there is so many items and so many items for sale.

That just means you're not making the best use of the Search function.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@leeorl_hercc wrote:

I have often wondered why I have never seen a "Wanted to Buy" department on eBay, I often look for hours on end browsing eBay  exasperatingly trying to locate a particular item. Lots of times of course I never find it because there is so many items and so many items for sale. Can such a department be created? Sincerely Mrs. Lee

That's your problem.  Don't browse.  Use the eBay Advanced Search.

As for the "wanted to buy," as someone else noted that turned out to be nothing more than a way for buyers and sellers to make off eBay deals (after which, to add insult to injury, buyers and sellers actually expected eBay to help when deals went south).

=

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

No, there is not.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 9 of 9
latest reply