cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Shipping - Delivery attempt failed and package has been sent back to Seller

Shipment from US to Singapore.

My package has been sent back to Seller due to incorrect postal code (I have checked my order, and my postal code is correct, but the local delivery company said it was different). 
I have tried to contact the delivery company regarding this problem, but they insist it has to be done by the Sender.  The company have tried to contact Seller but got no response after 48 hours. I also tried to message the Seller; it's been 3 days but still no response. 

I want to take action but there is nothing I can do before April 8.
And since the item is limited edition, I plan to buy it again from other seller, but only if I could get full refund including the delivery fee.

What options do I have?
If it will be re-sent to me, who's going to pay for delivery free and tax?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

International Shipping - Delivery attempt failed and package has been sent back to Seller

@gadj03 wrote:

Shipment from US to Singapore.

My package has been sent back to Seller due to incorrect postal code 

I want to take action but there is nothing I can do before April 8. 

It's a done deal @gadj03 it's not going to be redelivered to you.

And you won't get a refund at eBay. Meaning if you start an Item Not Received refund request on 8 April, it will close without a refund and you cannot leave feedback/feedback will be removed because eBay siao, considers undeliverable to be delivered.

Instead, if you paid with PayPal and they not kiasu not cover in Singapore, then go here to open an Item Not Received dispute, to get your wang back so you can buy it again from another seller.

Otherwise, file a chargeback with your card issuer, Goods not delivered, to get your refund.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@gadj03,

Here in the U.S. we have to do some leg work to get the information needed to get refunds in situations like yours, because of shipping agency's privacy policies. If the shipper has stores in Singapore you might be able to get a store manager or clerk to write a note on the company's stationary saying that the shipping label address and the one you gave on your order did not match in general. The companies will never give the exact shipping label address. Below are the steps we have to take in these situations.

Since this is ebay's U.S. based site's community (ebay.com) if you signed up to use ebay on one of their foreign sites, you may get better answers from that site's community.

Before doing anything, since you say you bought from a U.S. based seller, go to your order details and give us the 12 digit with no hyphens, ebay item number.  We may be able to tell you something about the seller with that information.

You will have to go to your shipper's local store.  You need to bring a copy of your order details page which shows your address and the tracking number with you. If you bought using a phone or tablet, you can bring that to show the clerk the order details.

You want to ask the clerk to check the label address against yours on the order details page, and also to check the Package type/size/weight info to see if was is appropriate for what you should have received.    If the info does not match up, you ask the clerk to write a note on Company stationary saying in general that the shipping label's address was not yours, and if applicable that the package type/size/weight was not right for what you should have received.

There are times when a shipping agency's customer service reps will send an email that, says in general, that the label address is not the one given on the order, and if applicable that the package type/size/weight was not appropriate for what you should have received. That doesn't help get you an ebay solution, but if you have to file a claim with your credit card provider, it may work.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@mudshark61369 

Thank you for your explanation.

The seller finally had replied but turns out he doesn't know that the shipping address was outside US.
He sent it Glendale Heights Illinois (buyer's address), which turns out to be some kind of hub for international shipping. Someone must be in charge of the shipment to Singapore from there but made a mistake with my address. And based on what I found; Glendale Heights Illinois hub has a bad reputation for mishandling a lot of packages.

I think I need to set my expectation to the worst.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply