cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image verification to view feedback - very annoying

The process doesn't work very well, even after selecting the correct images, it keeps pumping out new ones for about 5-6 cycles. And all that just to view seller's feedback. What an annoyingly stupid idea.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Repeated Captchas might be a sign that your browser is not handling cookies properly. Most users are not encountering that.

Try another browser to see if that works better for you. If so, try manually erasing your eBay cookies in the original browser once.

Some privacy software such as Ghostery or Disconnect or settings such as tracking protection or script blocking can also cause Captcha or verification issues.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The problem is something to do with your browser or system settings. I never get verification screens. Try clearing your cache, and make sure you're accepting cookies for eBay pages. Someone more tech savvy will be along to give more detailed suggestions. We recently had another post about this problem, but it seems to be very limited.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It's asking once per session. Not _every_ time I want to see feedback.

So it's working as designed. Plus I use VPN which generates a new IP every time so it seems as a new computer every time I login.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I normally use Brave and the last time got 5 steps in the verification even though I answered all the questions correctly. 

Just tried MS Edge and got 2 iterations of image verification before being able to login.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

They are trying to stop automated data collectors.  However, they have set the algorithm too strict and catches me once EVERY day after about 5 times viewing a seller's feedback.

VERY annoying!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply