cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to seacrh "domain name" any more

I used to get tons of results and a useful settings to target domain name extensions earlier like .com, .info, .net etc earlier. All those are gone. I only see is "No exact matches found".

Is there any issue in ebay.com? or they removed domain selling/buying functionality completely from there marketplace?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@dealswave2014,

I'm not exactly sure how you are trying to search for seller usernames but none of them would include .com, .net or any other site domain.  A long time ago many members had user names like joedoakes"at"sbcglobal dot something. but ebay ended that well before you joined the site. Sellers are not allowed to enter domain names to their listings by ebay, because it could lead to off ebay transactions.

If you are searching for a seller or their store online by name Ex: username;  weselleverything.com You may get some results if they have created a domain for a brick and mortar store, or other sites they sell from outside of ebay, but you would not get any actual ebay results. You may get some just by searching for a seller's or their store's ebay username alone.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I am not searching seller name. I am just searching "domain name". Exact search "domain name" .

It returns nothing in search result. It was perfectly fine few days back. Now it returns nothing.

Please enter "domain name" and search in ebay.com

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I just now got 8,300 listings with just the words domain name in the title of the listing and 6000 searching using "domain name".

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

There was a dedicated configuration when we used to search "domain name" in ebay.com where you could select the domain type like extension (com, net, info etc). That is no more there when you select "All categories".

Earlier it used to be "Domain Names" as the sub categories where it used to search and used to give all the filtering options like extensions (com, net, info etc) . 

I also used to get only "domain names"  in the search results.

Anyways, I cannot attach a screenshot otherwise I could have added a screenshot to show what I mean. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Screenshot_20231129_211159_eBay.jpg

 I am using the eBay app on mobile and the filter is there

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I will try with app as well!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I tried with US and EU proxies. I see all the options for domain name search.

But when try without proxy I do not see the options. May be the servers serving India are not working or for my ISP its not working.

Anyway, Thank you everyone for your inputs 🙂 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply