cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hurricane Ian

If you buy anything from a seller located in Florida - be advised that some of us have had to evacuate and may not be able to ship until Monday, and there will likely be a backlog at some processing facilities in the state, too.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Hurricane Ian

shipping into area is also going to be a mess.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Hurricane Ian

Why not use Time Away and hide your listings until you know you'll be able to start shipping again?

Have a great day
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Hurricane Ian

The way to make potential buyers mindful of potential delays is NOT to post on a discussion board. You need to put this right in your listings. Many buyers do not pay attention to where sellers are located; they have many other considerations when choosing which item to purchase.

I agree with the above advice to put your listings on Time Away, or at least revise your listings' handling time to reflect your anticipated inconvenience.  Even if you are not directly in the path of the storm, there will be shipping delays due to transportation disruption.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/time-away?id=5137

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Hurricane Ian

The stores here in North Central FL are out of everything. Every time we get a tropical storm from a hurricane I lose power for 5 - 7 days. It's not so bad if you have a generator  but someone has stolen generators twice. My property is fenced and I have a locked gate but they manage to jump the fence and heft it over the fence and haul ass. So needless to say I'll end up losing everything in the freezer but that's  better than giving a thief another generator. I hope there's a special place in hell reserved for them.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Hurricane Ian

Be advised that you were advised about the hurricane well before it hit land.

You should have taken  action and taken down your listings or put them on time away.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Hurricane Ian

@uncseniorsportsfan wrote:

If you buy anything from a seller located in Florida - be advised that some of us have had to evacuate and may not be able to ship until Monday, and there will likely be a backlog at some processing facilities in the state, too.

Our best wishes for your safety. But in reality your post assume that anything will actually survive the storm. 12 foot storm surges? That's as close to a tidal wave as any of us will ever see.

Stay safe.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Hurricane Ian

Even Shakespeare's Tragedies included some comic relief.

We could end all hurricanes if we just gassed all the butterflies in the Amazon (forest, that is).

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Hurricane Ian

My tree came down yesterday. The tree guy came out this week and said it needs to be cut down but he couldn’t do it for 2 weeks. I knew the first wind would bring it down but luckily we have a big backyard and it fell diagonally so no damage or injuries. So sad, we only have 2 trees left in our yard. It’s a big tree so it blocks half the yard but I feel darn lucky. I hope you all are safe.

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Hurricane Ian

That may be true. I don’t know where you live but Floridians hear the weather hyping up these storms so often that we don’t pay a lot of attention anymore. People get hurt because the weather folks hype everything up so much. It’s always “the storm of the century.”

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Hurricane Ian

I'm at a friend's house because I have the same problem. I need a huge old oak tree that's dead cut down because if it falls it could fall on my house.  I evacuated so I'm not there and I'm praying it hasn't crashed into my house.  

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Hurricane Ian

Update : All postal service has been suspended until further notice in many parts of Florida impacted by the hurricane.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Hurricane Ian

Based on the size of the storm almost all of Florida was going to be impacted in some way so yes, everyone in FL should have done that. We had ours on but turned it off when we realized our county wasn't going to get hit as bad. Our alarm cameras indicated the power was on at our office at 7:00 am but we went to the office around noon only to find that section of town was without power. We sent messages to all buyers notifying them of a delay.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hurricane Ian

Hope everyone affected stays safe, thinking of you all and sending best wishes from Australia

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 14 of 14
latest reply