cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get refund from fraudulent transaction

Hi, I have been struggling to find out how to get the refund for the item I purchased. The scammer seller set the delivery dates for 2 months. Now, he took my money and I am not able to cancel or do anything because it says, item is still being delivered. Its been over a month, and I am minus a few thousand dollars.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

What was the delivery date at the time of your purchase? 

Has that time changed significantly? 

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

When you made the purchase, did you not see an estimated delivery date? If that date was two months out, why would you go ahead and buy?

You aren't new to the game here.  

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

Item was purchased on april 10, the delivery date is May28

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

How and why would an estimated delivery date change, significantly or otherwise? 

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

You can file an "item not received" case with eBay the day after the last estimated delivery date shown in your Purchase History (which should match the estimate you saw at the time of purchase). That is the delivery time the seller must meet.

Once you start a case, the seller will have three business days to provide a tracking number that shows delivery. If the seller does not, ask eBay to step in and refund you.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042

In the future you may want to avoid sellers that provide two month delivery estimates.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

You have 30 days from the estimated delivery time you were given at the time you paid.  Check your email from then to see the estimate.   If it is still within the time for estimated delivery you have to wait (you agreed to wait that long when you committed to purchase--ALWAYS check the shipping terms including price and time on the Shipping and Payments tab of the Listing Page on the full website making sure it is to your location including zip/postal code if called for).   If the estimated delivery date (the last day if it was given as a  range of dates) has passed less than 30 days ago, go to your Purchase History and for that item select that you haven't received it yet.   If it has been more than 30 days it is too late to file with eBay so file with PayPal if you paid that way or your credit card or bank.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

I repeat one more time. I can not open any disputes because the item is till being delivered

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

yeah good advice, why not avoid shopping at ebay

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

What is "fraudulent" about the transaction?  What makes the seller a "scammer"? 

There was an estimated delivery date in the listing.  You accepted that as the delivery date when you made the purchase. 

If the item does not arrive by that date, you may open an Item Not Received case and get a refund.

Or am I missing something?

-

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

You can file an "item not received" case with eBay the day after the last estimated delivery date shown in your Purchase History (which should match the estimate you saw at the time of purchase). . . .

It should but it doesn't always.   If there is an estimated delivery date from the carrier it shows that instead (e.g. if the seller went over his/her handling time, which the carrier has no way of knowing or reason to care about).

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

the seller has not responded to any of my messages in a month. dont you want to be a loop especially when you [ay a few thousand dollars, or i am wrong

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

it says the item has not been shipped

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

i been on ebay since 2001, i know what is going on. but this seller was really hard to spot as fraud.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

I can not open any disputes because the item is till being delivered

You can file an "item not received" case with eBay the day after the last estimated delivery date shown in your Purchase History.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply