cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ge ebay to step in?seller sent completely wrong product and giving the run around on a refund

I bought a new aluminum radiator on 1/11 for my diesel truck my 18 year old grandson uses for side work while he is graduating this year and then goes into the Marines in August.

It came on 1/14 and i immediately noticed they sent the wrong radiator as soon as i opened the top of the box,it was a cheap plastic tank radiator,when i pulled it out and looked,it was a completely wrong radiator for my truck,not only a cheap product then i ordered.but would not even come close to fitment in my truck.

i reported i immediately as not as decribed and contacted the seller for a refund/return.

The seller told me to take pictures of the front and back of the shipping box and send it to his "company" and will refund me 100% with no need to ship it back.

Waited a few days and heard nothing ,so i messaged again..then all of a sudden needed pictures of the sides of the box and keeps saying"no worries we will refund you immediately and no need to send it back"

I messaged again last night that i was getting tired of getting the run around of a refund.

They messaged back saying"no worries,we sent it to our "research team" and will refund you the money without sending it back"

Then a few minutes later messaged me back"if you need another radiator we will gladly send another one"

I made it clear from the beginning we needed a refund,because he needed the truck on 1/17 for a commited/contracted job after school,so we spent 466.00 to have one overnight to a local auto parts store so we can have the truck running on 1/17,so now he is 665.00 in debt.

How do i report all this to and ebay agent?o can't find any links or where to do so...i think i should also contact paypal since it was payed for through there?

The 2 copied pictures are of what i ordered on their listing..clearly an all aluminum radiator.

The other pictures are of what i received right out of the box..clearly a totally wrong radiator and eve if we wanted to just get the truck running..it would even bolt in the truck

Tired of getting the run around of a refundradiator orderedradiator orderedradiator orderedradiator orderedwhat i receivedwhat i receivedwhat i receivedwhat i received

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

How to ge ebay to step in?seller sent completely wrong product and giving the run around on a refund

Did you open an official not as described case with eBay? If so, stop communicating with the seller. Four days after you opened the case you'll be able to go back to it and ask eBay to step in. At that point they'll send you a return shipping label, and once the seller receives the return you'll be refunded. You only have 21 days to ask eBay to step in. This seller is hoping to string you along past that deadline, at which point they'll ghost you.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

As @kathiec says.. if you open a "Item Not As Described" RETURN, there is no run around. You still need to upload photos to the return. If the seller hems and haws, you can get Ebay to step in.

You don't contact the seller... on the order there is a drop down menu with an option to open a return. Stop messaging the seller.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Open an item NOT described case right now after you finish reading this. Follow the prompts. STOP communicating with the seller.  Pack the box and get it ready to be sent back to the seller.  DO NOT close the case at the request of the seller. Do NOT accept another radiator.   Make that a separate transaction and preferably buy it locally so that you son can fix his truck asap.

Follow the prompts exactly. In 3 days, go to the case if you  have not gotten a shipping label or a refund.  Ask ebay to step in.    Remember, do NOT close the case.  Re-pack the radiator.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@customironinc wrote:

How do i report all this to and ebay agent?o can't find any links or where to do so...

i think i should also contact paypal since it was payed for through there? 

No @customironinc do not file a case with PayPal yet, as that would send him further into debt, because PayPal requires you to pay for return shipping despite the cauliflower you received is not as described.

Just open the Order Details page then

-- Additional actions,

-- click RETURN THIS ITEM,

-- the WRONG ITEM SENT reason, 

-- add comments and photos and Submit.

Do not talk to the seller again. Then if you don't get a refund or a prepaid return shipping label (you might get a label a few seconds after your click that Submit button to start the return request) come back the day after 3 business days to click Ask eBay to slep hin and help.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Open a "Not as described" case. 

You will be provided a return label from the seller.  Return the item for a refund.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

My eBay - Purchases - Return this item

krazzykats_0-1674157761556.png

On the right side of the item you purchased.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@customironinc- please let us know you got all this 😃

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@customironinc   

Did you buy this from a seller in China?  They are notorious for cheap junk, wrong items, and an array of other games and excuses intended to stall you past the time for a claim.   These tactics may involve telling you they are sending a replacement (not), asking you to close the case so they can refund (lie), etc. etc.  They cannot provide a label for a US parcel going to  China.  They are supposed to send you CASH for the return (typically through PayPal).   

Go to USPS.com and calculate how much it would be to return this parcel with DELIVERY CONFIRMATION, and ask the seller to provide that amount for the return.  If they don't (they won't but expect some other drivel), do as others have said, return to your claim and escalate it  (ask ebay to step in and help. on day 4.  

Don't delay, and don't buy cheap junk from China regardless of the "great"  price.  

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Do what the others said, AN item NOT as described case is your first bite of the apple. Paypal would be your second chance but you have to pay the return shipping and it will be very expensive.   

The last bite of the apple is a credit card chargeback. You will ONLY do that if you lose the other 2 cases and believe us, you will NOT lose the first one, an item NOT as described case.

Remember, you can NEVER open more than 1 case at a time.  So start with step 1.   

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Despite their deceptive presentation of themselves as "USA SELLER," you bought from a Chinese drop-shipper.   These sellers are masters at stringing buyers along until it is too late for the buyers to open an Item Not As Described case with eBay for the shoddy rubbish received -- and that is what is going on here.

Do as others have said:  Do not engage in any more communication with this seller. Immediately open an INAD case. 

-

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Why are you asking how to get eBay to step in? You said in the feedback you left that you started a dispute through eBay and PayPal and your bank as fraud.

When you file a case on PayPal eBay automatically closes an eBay case.  Isn't  trying to get a refund through 3  different sources triple dipping?

What you should've done is opened a wrong item return on eBay and waited 3 days for a return label or a refund. If the seller doesn't  provide a return label to NJ, the item location in the listing, then you go back to the case and ask eBay to step in. 

If the eBay case closed when you opened a PayPal dispute and you win the PayPal dispute the buyer is responsible for return shipping. FRANKLY I believe it was the wrong move to claim fraud to your credit card co. Receiving the wrong item isn't  considered fraud.  You had 100% Money Back Guarantee had you used it right. 

Good luck though. Come back and let us know how it turns out.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@fab_finds4u wrote:

Why are you asking how to get eBay to step in? You said in the feedback you left that you started a dispute through eBay and PayPal and your bank as fraud...

I checked Feedback Left for Others before posting above, and I did not see that.  Oh, my.

-

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Good catch, I missed that too. @customironinc by opening disputes with Paypal and your credit card you've closed the door on eBay helping you. That's unfortunate, because eBay would have paid for the return shipping. Paypal, on the other hand, requires the buyer to pay return shipping.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Thanks for the replies...but let me clear up a few things..especially the comment as if i was trying to triple dip...lol

#1 I reported the INAD within an hour of receiving the completely wrong radiator

#2 for the whole week the seller kept Hee Hawing around wanting different pictures of the shipping box ,even after i clearly sent pictures of every part of the box and radiator

#3  i tried to contact eBay about the seller giving me the run around of a refund,even the first message to me was them saying i will not have to worry about shipping it back,they will refund my money..but kept getting excuses of the "company" needing tis picture,,that picture..etc etc....i never was able to get any responses from eBay

#4 My grandson is currently doing work on my Bank Managers 40 acres of hunting property,he had a conversation with her while there of what happened ,she is the one who called me and said to come in and put on file all transactions and messages from the seller in case we have to file through the bank..and yes,,she said is fraud if you pay for something and receive a different product with no refunds.......according to her,,they have 10 business days from the date receiving the product to refund the money before the bank corporation will go after the payment processer.......she is the one who said to just file it through the payment processor immediately (papypal) because that is who they will be going after first,not eBay

I filed through paypal after still getting nothing but the run around,,then all of a sudden the seller messaged me throgh eBay and claims they refunded my money and asked to please remove my honest negative feedback i gave them..even though for days i have not seen a sign of any refund of any kind through both eBay and paypal and still messaging me through eBay in the wee morning hours of 1:00 to 5:00 in the mornings(clearly from another country) bugging me to remove the negative feedback since they claim to of refunded my money( kind of strange a buyer can be accused of feedback extortion ,but not a seller?)....I am thinking they want me to say i will give them good feedback if i get my money back,,then BAM..they will claim feedback extortion and not have to refund me..........

Message 15 of 17
latest reply