cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How not to be deceived?

I bought the phone on eBay. I paid. The seller sent me the item. A few days later, the seller sent a letter that he made a mistake when sending and sent me someone else's parcel. Sent me a return label. How should I act? What should be done? I don't want to be deceived! I ASSUME that the seller may be a fraud and wants to get money for the product and the item!

How to return the package and receive what I bought?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

How not to be deceived?

So I'm assuming you haven't received any item yet? Is the seller saying they know they made a mistake and just giving you a heads up at this point??

"I'm for truth no matter who tells it. I'm for JUSTICE no matter who it is for or against." - Malcolm X
"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in periods of moral crisis maintain their neutrality." - JOHN F. KENNEDY
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

How not to be deceived?

Do not just send the item back. Open a formal case with eBay for the return so it is on record. Once the return is accepted/approved, check the address where EBay wants you to ship it. You're best off shipping to THAT address. If the label the seller sent you bears THAT address, then everything should be ok.

Key parts ... if no formal case is opened, there is no accountability. If the shipping label sent to you doesnt match the official return address, it can cause problems for you. 

Use EBay's processes to protect yourself and ship to EBay approved return address. Further questions, come back and ask.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply