Did you mean: 

How do I avoid sellers based in China

How do I avoid sellers based in China?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How do I avoid sellers based in China

@bwknickknacks,

Trying to avoid Chinese sellers is tough because eBay helped some register in this country.  Some sellers drop ship from China, but use a U.S. location.  If you do not use Price: lowest first, or Best Match as your default search, you can drop some of the chinese sellers off of the first pages of listing results.  Otherwise, doing the things in the list below can help you avoid buying from them.

Indications on listing pages;

1. Item location not giving a city or state Ex. Ca. /USA, Many places USA, USA/USA.
  2. Extended delivery or handling time frames. Especially, from supposed U.S. based sellers.
  3. Very low prices w/ Free shipping
  4. Using a brand name in the title but listing it as unbranded in the item specifics
  5. American flag symbols and many statements of being a U.S. Seller
  6. The same photos and listing templates used by many other sellers
  7. Measurements that are both metric and inches.
  8. Use of Asian models in photos
  9. Verbiage in descriptions that do not sound like they were written by a person whose first language is English

On feedback profile pages;

1. Country of registration ... sometimes.
  2. Very high volume seller registered between 2010 and now.
  3. Feedback percentages below 98.9%
  4. Neutral and negative feedback sometimes in the hundreds  (you can click on those numbers to read only those comments)  look for slow shipping, non delivery,  partial orders received, and items shipped from China comments, as well as poor quality ones.
  5. Replies to non positive feedback that indicate English is not the persons first language
  6. Repetitive replies to non-positive feedback
"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 2
latest reply