cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I ask ebay to step in? There does not appear to be a link on myebay

So I purchased an item listed as USED, described to be "in good working order", backed by ebay guarantee, this seller has 75% with I think 5 feedbacks. The unit arrived in the strangest packaging I've ever seen, sideways/diagonal and with the armwrest down (it's a small recording workstation Korg D3200). The morning of delivery I got a message from the seller, who informed me it was out for delivery. (fedex). Wow, what customer service! I got the unit in and in comes another message from the seller, "Please leave feedback quickly so ebay will release the funds". RED FLAG. The unit powers on which is a good sign but I wanted to actually record something to make sure it does what it's supposed to do. After about an hour of slowly checking the layout of the buttons (i have an older model but the software is the same), I plugged in mics both dynamic and condenser to test the onboard 48v power, and lo and behold, the mics do not make a sound. I noticed when I put the mic in the xlr plug, the unit pushed down and a switch was getting caught under the faceplate. 2nd, I found there was a CD in the drive*which can destroy the laser.  I played it, but it did not make a sound with all sources turned all the way up. There was a lot of material on the hard disk and so I selected a file to load, on the hard disk, still no sound. I could not get a sound, when I touched the plug where it was plugged in to the mixer, there were loud noises, there is obviously a problem. Maybe the weird packing caused it? I turned the unit up to see the back to see if there was a button or something  I didn't know about and I noticed the plug receptacle is missing 3 screws and is pretty loose. Could it be a grounding issue and why the mic-pre's aren't working?

I contact the seller and he says "it worked when it was here. All sales final, note in my listing where it says BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK" lol,ok so I've been on ebay for 25 years, this isn't my only account, the listing said guaraanteed by ebay protection, so I am protected and it is not functioning as described,.... then 2 days later the seller messages and accuses me of swapping out parts and soon after offers me a $100 discount.  (the moment the seller accused me of theft of internal parts, I said to myself, this thing never worked, he got it out of a dumpster or perhaps a thrift. And that's why he backed himself with the "Buy at own risk". So I want to get ebay involved in this claim.  First off, yes, I knew this deal was too good to be true, normal price is $450-600 used plus shipping. This deal was $225 with free shipping! Ebay money back guarantee! I saw the feedback at 75% and thought I'd give this guy a chance, he says it works as it should, ebay backed, why not? 

So... the request for returns said, for this past week, if you don't reach an agreement, ask ebay to step in on the 18th. So I looked for a link to ask them to step in but I can't find it.  Now the 18th is gone and it says "if you need more time to work it out with the seller you have until May 18th?  I do not want to take to this seller, they accused me of buying to swap parts plus all the other crud. Where is the link to ask ebay to step in?  I finally found this when I asked for help (under help & contact) and selected the item and when I got to this point,Screenshot 2024-04-18 11.36.25 AM.png the link disappears when I click on it.  Thanks

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ok, I had ebay call me and they issued the return. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Ok, I had ebay call me and they issued the return. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply