cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highly rated seller won't send a digital code!

Hello,

I have ordered a gift card (digital delivery) from a seller with high rating but they would not respond since the initial message, i paid via credit card, my order is not covered by "eBay Money Back Guarantee" and i can't cancel it! how can i get my monety back? any help is greatly appreciatd. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

If you used paypal, they will cover it. As a last resort dispute it with your credit card

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@campanaelia wrote:

If you used paypal, they will cover it. As a last resort dispute it with your credit card

No, Paypal won't cover it. They no longer cover digitally delivered goods. A credit card dispute is the only option.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

ok, I didn't know they ended the coverage, it's been a while since I filed a claim with PP for a digital product. So credit card is the only option left.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

They didn't cover digital goods, and then they did. Are you saying they changed their mind?

https://www.pymnts.com/news/2015/paypals-buyer-protection-for-digital-goods-goes-live/

PayPal's website says they're covered.  

https://www.paypal.com/us/legalhub/seller-protection?locale.x=en_US#intangible-goods

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

PayPal still covers digital goods. Click on the PayPal link I provided in message 5.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

My error. The page I was reading covered seller protections. Sellers aren't covered for digitally delivered goods.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@fab_finds4u wrote:

PayPal still covers digital goods. Click on the PayPal link I provided in message 5.

That's what I originally said, I was taking @kathiec word that they didn't anymore.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Yes, the PayPal page shows seller protection for intangible goods-and how to establish proof. File a dispute. Buyers are protected. paypal.com/disputes/

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

If you paid by credit card, contact your card company.  They offer the best protection.  Please don't ever buy a gift card again.  

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

As i mentioned, i paid with card not PayPal which was my first mistake. However the seller has a positive feedback, i don't understand why would they try to scam me over a gift card.

However i noticed some sketchy stuff about this seller despite the high rating 

The listing says it's based in Switzerland however the seller's page saying Hong Kong based.

My second mistake is that i used a prepaid card for my payment method and i don't know if there's a way to chargeback.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Simply dispute the purchase with your credit card issuer. Include screenshots of your unanswered emails that requested the code. I would bet the house that you will win the dispute. 

ALWAYS PAY WITH A CREDT CARD!!!!!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply