cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else been getting these Incomplete Checkout messages from eBay?

Has anyone else been getting these "Incomplete Checkout"  messages from eBay?  The last couple of days I've been getting these emails from eBay for items I looked at.  I didn't even put the items in my cart only on my watch list.  It seems that eBay is doing everything they can to get people to buy things and frankly it's annoying as I already get enough spam from  eBay.    I was looking for some specific items and needed more information before I actually purchased.  So I saved the items that might match my search criteria on my watch list.   Shortly there after I got these Incomplete Checkout messages.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

fa_8305
Thrill-Seeker

So that's what that was about. I only looked at the listing, not added to watch list, not put in cart.

Subject: Checkout incomplete: Shiseido Ginza Tokyo Purifying Mask 3.2 oz *Authentic* SALE!!

Shiseido Ginza Tokyo Purifying Mask 3.2 oz *Authentic* SALE!!
• Free Shipping
• Money Back Guarantee
• Need help? Contact us here

View item

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

This is an example of what I got and it's just eBay spam as it didn't even come to my eBay message inbox only my regular email addy.  That's why I knew it was spam.  Initially when I got the first message I thought my purchase didn't go through and then I realized  it was for another item I only looked at.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@lightlily_arts,

"This is an example of what I got and it's just eBay spam as it didn't even come to my eBay message inbox only my regular email addy".

That email is not Spam from ebay it is a Phishing email trying to get account and /or financial information.  You can forward the email to spoof@ebay.com and they will try and shut down the person responsible for sending it.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Sorry you are wrong as I checked the raw message headers and it was from eBay related to the listing I had looked at.  I took a screen shot of a portion of the email.  The email link took me straight back to the eBay listing I looked at as well.  So it definitely was just eBay spamming me to get me to buy the item.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@lightlily_arts,

I tried the email addy ebay@ebay.com and received this message from my server.

"You are about to log in to the site “ebay.com” with the username “ebay”, but the website does not require authentication. This may be an attempt to trick you".

Try forwarding the email to the address I gave you before. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I understand what you are saying but clearly you don't realize that these are merely advertising emails from eBay.  They are not monitored and the addresses don't link back.  I get them all the time and so do you.   eBay notification messages don't go anywhere. That's why  they aren't in  your message box , but if you click on the links in the email they take you back to the item or page.   I've been an computer and internet user since the mid 1980's so I am very familiar with managing phishing messages and how to know the difference.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply