cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting sick and tired dealing with ebay...

Some people may call it a venting out  but in my case , simply disrespect by ebay  to customer who spent six figures buying on ebay...when I buy something , I would like to get the item and not REFUND due to incompetence  of the sellers who're protected by  ebay... I guess ebay reps  could not differentiate between common sense and  ....common sense..:-)  

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

A bit confused.

How is ebay, directly, insulting you? And how often are you receiving things not as described? Also what makes you think sellers are protected by ebay?

Please provide more info.

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

Alas!  Your rant fails to provide enough detail for us to respond in a reasonable fashion.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 3 of 30
latest reply

How was eBay being protective of bad sellers ?

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

...K.I.S.S = Keep It Simple Stupid...please...!!!

...not everyone here is genius...and definitely not psychic medium...or...fortune teller...or cards reader...

...btw, buyers are well-pampered by eBay than sellers...

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

"...btw, buyers are well-pampered by eBay than sellers..."... we buy because we want to buy.. you sell because you have no choice...and yes, bravo, not everyone here is genius... 🙂

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

@msha3839 

I would like to get the item and not REFUND due to incompetence of the sellers

eBay cannot force a buyer to pay or a seller to ship. eBay has a Money Back Guarantee for buyers, which can give you your money back but cannot fulfill all the promises made by a seller, incompetent or otherwise.

You have been buying on eBay long enough that you should know to know how to vet your sellers. The two most recent transactions you have left negatives for are from an Indonesian T-shirt seller, and a brand new seller with utterly dismal feedback. Even if neither seller had any negative feedback at the time of your purchase, the lack of seller history should have been a warning to you.

In general, you can avoid a lot of headaches by choosing to purchase only from established sellers that have recent and past positive feedback as a seller for selling items in the same category that you intend to buy. If someone is selling a dozen apple watches, but has no feedback, or only has feedback as a buyer, or only has a handful of recent feedback for selling, perhaps wait until they have a track record of positive feedback for selling electronics before you buy from them.

You might miss out on a good deal from a new seller once in a while, and nothing can guarantee that you won't still run into a scammer anyway, but you can avoid a lot of potential problems by choosing to do business with established sellers. Anyone can put together a listing that looks nice -- it is not hard at all to simply copy an existing listing -- but it is much harder to create a history of consistent sales and positive feedback.

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

"sellers protected by ebay " ??? Now thats a rare animal . Its more the buyers are protected than the sellers.

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

"...Indonesian T-shirt seller, and a brand new seller with utterly dismal feedback. .."

"...Indonesian T-shirt seller.."... 100% FB...

"...brand new seller with utterly dismal feedback. ."... after the fact.... 

".. but you can avoid a lot of potential problems by choosing to do business with established sellers..."

When you'll be worth an estimated 80 mil,  you can  teach me how to deal with "established sellers"... 🙂

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

@msha3839 

When you'll be worth an estimated 80 mil, you can teach me how to deal with "established sellers"

I hope for your sake that you learn how before your net worth dwindles to the point that mine surpasses it.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

@msha3839 wrote:

"...btw, buyers are well-pampered by eBay than sellers..."... we buy because we want to buy.. you sell because you have no choice...and yes, bravo, not everyone here is genius... 🙂

You make very little sense, I guess that 80mil doesn't make you educated or coherent.

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

@msha3839 wrote:

"...btw, buyers are well-pampered by eBay than sellers..."... we buy because we want to buy.. you sell because you have no choice...

Say what?

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

@msha3839 wrote:

When you'll be worth an estimated 80 mil,  you can  teach me how to deal with "established sellers"... 🙂

LOL.png

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

@msha3839,

"when I buy something , I would like to get the item and not REFUND due to incompetence of the sellers who're protected by ebay...".

For someone who has been almost an 11 year member spent as much as you claim to have on ebay, you should by now know how to vet your sellers.  You buy from a low feedback seller registered in Malaysia whose item location is Florida?  They probably are shipping from Florida but their stock is coming from Malaysia, and is probably being held up due to covid issues.

"I would like to get the item and not REFUND due to incompetence of the sellers who're protected by ebay".

If a seller is out of stock, its always better to get the refund and buy from another seller.  The only people who write things like sellers being protected by ebay are those who have never sold on this site before.  You were able to leave a negative feedback which has dumped the seller's feedback percentage.  If the seller cancelled the transaction for being out of stock they also received a defect on their account and it doesn't take many for a low volume seller to be sanctioned or banned from the site.  They also had to pay the final value fees and the processing fee for the transaction.  

Not to mention that any buyer can make any claim of condition whether it is true or not and the seller has to pay for the return shipping, and refund the buyer. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 14 of 30
latest reply

You say "  "...btw, buyers are well-pampered by eBay than sellers..."... we buy because we want to buy.. you sell because you have no choice...and yes, bravo, not everyone here is genius...  "

My selling ID has several choices other than to sell. 

The things I sell, and have sold, could be given away or thrown away or donated to charitable thrift shops.

I think any number of other sellers could say the same. 

Message 15 of 30
latest reply