cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay orders being shipped by Amazon, Walmart, and Lowes???

This has happened to me three times in the past couple of weeks.   Sellers sell on ebay then purchase the item from other online merchants.  Now that might make sense if there's a profit to be made, but these sellers are LOSING MONEY.

One item cost me $14.52 on Ebay, meaning the seller got $12.35 after fees.  The seller went and bought it on Walmart and had it shipped to me, total cost to him was $21.70, meaning he LOST almost $10 on the sale.

Another item cost me $134.99 on Ebay, and the seller had it shipped to me from Lowes and it cost him $121.53, meaning he lost roughly $4 after all applicable fees.

WHY would anyone do this??

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

What if the seller is Amazon, Walmart or Lowes??

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Then there wouldn't be a purchase order in the box with the seller's name and home address on it.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Triangulation scam. The seller used a stolen credit card to order the item. And pocketed your money.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

On my alarm companies forum someone posted the same experience.  They ordered a system on ebay and it came direct from the manufacturer with a receipt inside with someone elses name.

Ebay put a 21 day hold on my latest sale but yet they are allowing this to go on in a widespread fashion.  Awesome!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@ilikestuff6969 wrote:

On my alarm companies forum someone posted the same experience.  They ordered a system on ebay and it came direct from the manufacturer with a receipt inside with someone elses name.

Ebay put a 21 day hold on my latest sale but yet they are allowing this to go on in a widespread fashion.  Awesome!

How is ebay to know where the seller is sourcing his goods from and how he’s paying for them? You are comparing apples to oranges. And assuming these sellers aren’t subject to the 21 day hold either 😉

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I messed up on an order once.  Had an item, went to pack it and destroyed it.  Glass tumbled out of my hand and broke into 10000 pieces.  Another online place had it for 40 dollars more then I sold it for.  I paid.  So, there could always be another story.

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply