cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay deleted my negative review.

I bought a pro digital tire gauge (120$ with delivery). I did not have time to test it in detail. The gauge works, but it is not reliable in measuring - it shows different results in consecutive attempts. I used different gauges over the past 10+ years, so I know what I am talking about. By the I was sure that it is not working properly, return window was closed, so I just left negative review, without asking money back.   Ebay just deleted the review.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@it_worker,

There can be several reasons why a negative feedback was removed, so unless you can tell us exactly what you wrote, we cannot guess why it was.  Some of the very high volume sellers can get a certain number of negatives removed just by asking.

Just so you know, sometimes it is not always the air pressure gauge that causes different readings but the tire's actual air fill "schrader" valve itself that can cause that.  Especially, if it was old, didn't have a cap on it at all times, or was on a tire that has a slow leak that required being refilled many times. Did you test the gauge on different cars and tires? 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Yea, I did testing on more than one tire, and I used  other gauge to verify for consistency. The other gauge, non-pro, but still good, gave consistent readings. 

I wrote only technical details about inconsistency and why I think it is not working properly.  I did not ask for money return - seller could always say that I broke it. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@it_worker,

What ever the reason for the gauge not working, this should be a lesson to always test an item, especially electronic ones as soon as possible after receiving it. So you have your ebay money back guarantee protections.Sellers cannot fight a not as described dispute, no matter what their return policy is or why a buyer wants to return it as not ad sescribed.

I should also have asked in my last post, if the batteries in the digital gauge have been tested? Manufacturers do not use the highest quality batteries in their products, and if it sat for a long while in storage, they may be low in power.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

OK. Thanks for the battery hint - I will try to replace them, but I doubt that is the reason.  No lesson here to be learned, because when you don't have time to do something, you don't have time. I did not complain about money refund, but the fact that we are not allowed to give opinion about product we got.  If I blackmailed the seller somehow, I could understand, I was only stating technical facts.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Hi @it_worker 

I’m not a seller myself … but I know that many sellers consider it worse to leave negative feedback without giving a seller the chance to make things right.

[You seem to think you did the seller a favor by not requesting a refund … and just leaving the bad feedback.  That’s not the case.]

I’m sorry that I can’t tell you why your feedback may have been removed.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Feedback is designed to give a review on the seller's performance, not on the item itself.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

eBay or the seller can or will have feedback removed if it is offensive....using certain words or wordage.

Leaving a simple feedback is OK...like "item didn't function as stated".I don't know what you left.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@heckofagame wrote:

@seller_news_team wrote:

These feedback enhancements give potential buyers better insights into your products, and can add credibility and drive sales by instilling additional confidence while shopping. 

The eBay Team

Feedback is designed to give a review on the seller's performance, not on the item itself. 

Noticed @soh.maryl your kudo on this post, and just wondering how is feedback* not about the product? If the feedback is not about the products, how then would feedback give buyers better insights into the products?

*for sellers, not the MBG for buyers

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@teth_1615 wrote:

@heckofagame wrote:

@seller_news_team wrote:

These feedback enhancements give potential buyers better insights into your products, and can add credibility and drive sales by instilling additional confidence while shopping. 

The eBay Team

Noticed @soh.maryl your kudo on this post, and just wondering how is feedback* not about the product? If the feedback is not about the products, how then would feedback give buyers better insights into the products?

*for sellers, not the MBG for buyers

That's eBay's view on feedback. They used to expressly state that in their policies, but those have been revamped in the past few years. But eBay feedback has never been the equivalent of Amazon reviews. In fact, eBay has a completely separate place for product reviews. Feedback on eBay doesn't exist to give buyers better insights into products. It exists to give buyers better insights into sellers.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Leaving a simple feedback is OK...like "item didn't function as stated". 

Actually, that's not OK.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

ea, but if seller sold an item that is not working as intended, isn't that also review  about the seller. Do ebay buyers have right to know that the seller sold such item in the past. We have reached a point when you cannot trust ebay grades and when 100% is not 100%.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply