cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay collected VAT during check out. do i still need to pay for another VAT tax?

basically i bought a 180% toy in ebay and i got charged shipping(Ebay international shipping) + VAT , which sums up to $253
according to korea import custom , i would have to pay VAT and duties if the total amount exceed $200USD
just curious if i have to pay another VAT when my parcel reaches S.Korea? if so why would i need to pay VAT during check-out and another VAT when the parcel arrives

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Ebay collected VAT during check out. do i still need to pay for another VAT tax?

@yeohongwei,

You have posted your issue on the U.S. based site (ebay.com). We do not have VATs in this country, so we cannot tell you what taxes/fees you will be charged. If you paid the VAT up front, you should not be charged again, but we have seen issues with people from other countries that have VATs.  

Since you are located in Korea, I suggest that you login to that site  http://www.auction.co.kr/   Find its Community button, which is most likely at the bottom of the landing page, and post your question there. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 2
latest reply