cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing Purchase Beyond 30 Days

Received an item on April 29. It was a case for a belt. The case was not properly sized for the belt.

Keep in mind the case in question was created, advertised and sold by seller for this particular item. This was not something where I had to provide specs beforehand, this was something created and sold through ebay for the belt in question.

I advised the seller of the issue. After a few messages exchanged, he began contacting me on my cell phone. Does ebay provide a buyer's numbers? Not sure how he obtained my number.

Seller said he would send a new case but it would take a few weeks to order the material. He sent me via text (and through ebay messages), that this was getting done and showed me the specs of the new case.

Now it's June 2, I have nothing. Last time I heard from seller was on May 19 that this being done. Not sure of my options.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The seller made good on the new case and it looks great. It took much longer than expected, but he made good on his promise to make things right.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

How did you pay??

Since the item was not as described and the seller pushed you off, for over the time limits:

go to your payment method for relief.

Learn from this and never let a seller con you into letting the time run out.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If you paid with Paypal, go to their Resolution Center and open a case. But before you do, sign up for their Return Shipping on Us program so you don't have to pay return shipping (assuming the seller is in the US). 

If you funded with a credit card contact the issuer and dispute the charge.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The seller made good on the new case and it looks great. It took much longer than expected, but he made good on his promise to make things right.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

So nice of you to come back and let us know the seller made good on his word. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply