cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different seller uses exact same pictures and description. Is this a scam?

I recently purschased a camera (payed it within 5 min). The item hasnt been sent yet.

I noticed another listing for the same camera, with the exact same pictures (displaying the exact same defect) and the exact same description. But this is from another seller.

Am i being scammed? If thats the case, what should i do?

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

@killl_18,

"The seller shows up as "No longer a registered user".

Do i need to worry? My dispute is still there, but i still need to wait to Feb 1st to escalate. (A bit weird since the seller no longer has an account)".

Even if an account is closed ebay will give a purchased item a bit more time to arrive in case it was sent.  Sometimes an account is closed but the seller shipped items and they arrive.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 46 of 50
latest reply

Hey guys!

I reached out to ebay over on twitter. They took a look at my case already and closed it in my favor and is giving me a full refund!

Anyone know how long it will take before the money reaches my bank account?

Message 47 of 50
latest reply

@killl_18 

Such good news!  Your refund should go to your payment source, and likely just take a few days!  Happy this worked out for you!   Thank you for letting us know!  

Message 48 of 50
latest reply

Looks like one seller copied another's info. The original seller is being violated that way. You should steer clear til you know which one is legitimate.

Message 49 of 50
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 50 of 50
latest reply