cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmed eBay algorithms now charge you more if you’re logged in for an item you’ve already bought

Confirmed twice: eBay algorithms now charge you more if you’re logged in for an item you’ve already bought I verified this twice so far (when I was inadvertently logged out of eBay) I saw item For a cheaper price ( $.99  + $2 ship) that I had bought for around five dollars + $2 shipping. But when I logged in the price changed to $9.50 plus $2 shipping.   I’ve seen for months that my searches come up with only  high prices and only sponsored items or sellers but I had no idea they were targeting specific people for this. I’ve been on eBay for 20+ years if they want me gone it’s pretty useless now anyway.

Try logging out then look at an item you’ve previously bought from a sponsored seller and you should see it at a much lower price but good luck trying to buy it at that price when you login.  

Hey eBay  I know your stockholders are frothing at the mouth but  all these schemes to make more money off us at every turn is why buyers and sellers are leaving the site in droves. Go back to the successful model your predisessors built eBay on; same low prices for all,  honest searches without sponsored items, no sneaky stuff, give em what they want, don’t try to control what we see or buy, stop taking away popular features, keep PayPal not eBay cc, more reputable sellers and less fakes misleading sellers  or forgers, and transparency. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Confirmed eBay algorithms now charge you more if you’re logged in for an item you’ve already bought

@hutchiebaby 

This is interesting...could you give us the item number of the item that you saw For a cheaper price ( $.99 + $2 ship) that you had bought for around five dollars + $2 shipping. But when you logged in the price changed to $9.50 plus $2 shipping. 

I would like to take a look at this.  I will reprise you of anything that I may uncover.

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply