cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chang in FEED behavior makes it worthless.

Recently the behavior of the "Saved" or "Feed" listing has changed. Instead of letting me click on the individual items to  see the details, I can only click on my saved searches they are from. Then I have to go through my saved search.
What is the point of highlighting items for me if you you are just going to make me look for them again.

I'm not discovering other things, I'm just frustrated, and instead of impulse buys I might have made, just end up closing Ebay entirely.

Put it back.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

From the feed page, try clicking on the item picture instead of the link to the search, and then from there click on the item title to reach the actual item listing.

At least that is how my feed is working at the moment.

https://www.ebay.com/feed

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The work around is to click on the picture, that item enlarges, then you have to click it again to open in a separate tab that you then are forced to get directed to. Then I have to go back to my saved searches or feed page, close out of the picture and do it all again for the remaining 20-30 items.

In the past, I would right click the item, open in a new tab separate tab to view later. I would do this about 20-30 times and then speed through all 20-30 tabs much quicker than the current layout.

The current layout sucks for many of us high frequency bidders (i.e. $1-$20 items). It now takes about 3 times as long to view the items I want to from my saved search or feed page. I was hoping it was a glitch with eBay, but it has been weeks now and is obviously a serious flaw now.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@robertsmith69 

The work around is to click on the picture, that item enlarges, then you have to click it again to open in a separate tab that you then are forced to get directed to. Then I have to go back to my saved searches or feed page, close out of the picture and do it all again for the remaining 20-30 items.

From the feed page, click on the picture, then right click on the item title (to open the item in a new tab). If your browser is set to immediately go to the new tab, you may want to disable that feature (in Firefox, under general options uncheck "When you open a link in a new tab, switch to it immediately"), so you can instead close the picture, which should leave you on your feed page. Each item should only require two extra clicks (one to open the image, and one to close the image).

Not ideal, but you should be able to open 20-30 items fairly quickly if you were able to do the same thing previously.

Yes, it is a pain when eBay changes things around so that the old shortcuts no longer work as well, but a certain amount of that is probably inevitable.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply