cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car

I'm trying to track my number of item and pay for item but I don't know where and how

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Car

Did you find the item on eBay or another website @babygi_22 ? If you found it somewhere other than eBay and they said eBay would ship the item, it's a scam.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Car

Won items will show with a PAY NOW icon in your purchase history ON ebay.

Only pay for cars in person after you have inspected the vehicle.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Car

@babygi_22 

If you paid with eBay gift cards, you are another victim of a well-known scam.

Buyers see an ad on Facebook Marketplace or Craig's List, which then tells them to send an email or a text, and that the completion of the transaction will be on eBay.

Think about that a second:  if the car is already on one site, what sense does it make to send you somewhere else?  If you saw a great deal at WalMart, would a WalMart employee send you to Target to finalize the deal?

Of course not.

So -- come back, and tell us what happened.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Car

Exactly where did you find the car listed for sale?

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Car

If you found it on another site, your being scammed.   If you purchased it on eBay you would have received some emails.  It will also be under purchases on your my eBay page.

Warning !   If you were told to pay in gift cards, that is a thief and liar that wants to steal your money.  No one ships out a car for a trial period either.  That too is a lie.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Car

I've recieved an email from eBay motors saying I needed to put the money to them first and then they ship the car .  Is that   right . If not I just lost 500.00  dollars 

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Car

eBay has a protection plan

Dont they

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Car

@babyg4162 

I'm so sorry, but you have indeed just lost $500. Ebay has nothing to do with listings on other sites. They don't ship cars on an approval basis and don't require payment in giftcards. Only scammers do that. EBay's protection plan only covers purchases made on eBay's site. You need to report the listing to whatever site you found it on. But unfortunately your money is gone.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Car

If you only were scammed for $500, you got off cheap.

Sorry this happened to you. 

EBay was not involved, the scammer just used their name.

Posting ID
Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Car

@babygi_22 

I repeat:  If you originally found this card on ANY OTHER SITE but eBay, it's a FRAUD.

It is not necessary for eBay to advertise on Facebook Marketplace, or Craig's List, or any other site -- because eBay already has their OWN site!

If you find a great deal at WalMart, does an employee at WalMart send you to Target to complete the sale?

Of course not -- that would be stupid.

But that's what these thieves are trying to convince you is normal.

Your money is gone, and it will not be returned.

But don't blame eBay -- this was NOT an eBay sale.

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Car

@babyg4162 wrote:

I've recieved an email from eBay motors saying I needed to put the money to them first and then they ship the car .  Is that   right . If not I just lost 500.00  dollars 

@babyg4162 @babygi_22  Unfortunately you fell for a scam and the email did not come from eBay. 🙁

Look at the email address. It is not an eBay.com email address.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Car

Facebook  market place 

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Car

i can't believe that I was  that dumb . This lady Lisa Gibson said she was a doctor with the navy and was going over seas for a year and the car she was selling was her husbands  and he died two months ago . Now I have no car and no money .wow. 

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

Car

i only gave half but I had to barrow that to make up the rest . Wow 

Message 15 of 24
latest reply