cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't view Full size photos...

This has happened before...
When I look at a listing, I can magnify the picture with my mouse but I can't see the entire photo enlarged...

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@broto_64,

I have noticed that happening on some listings also. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the photo tool the seller used or not.  I did find on occasion that I had forgotten to lower my screen's "zoom" size when viewing other photos or reading small text. When you see that happen look at your upper address bar and on the far right if your level is showing more than 100% move your mouse on to the page, hold down control and roll your mouse wheel backwards to lower the page size, or forward to increase it.  

FYI  The magnification feature, gives more magnification than the single enlarged photo has.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

EBAY, if you're listening, the new image viewing experience is awful. Being able to pop the image out into a new window was far better than the new "magnified" image on the item page. Please bring back the ability to pop out the full size image and then click through the set of images. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Hi @broto_64 , @jimshow 

I don't care for it either.  If you hover your cursor int he upper right hand corner of the main pic a menu will appear, you can select the Thumbs down choice to indicate your displeasure.  This feature definitely does not "enhance the Buying experience"

Screenshot (710).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@mr_lincoln, @jimshow ,

I hadn't noticed that feature before, I like that there is an option though.  However, I just tried it on a listing in my watch list and the full size photos in it, don't show as much detail as the magnified images do.   I'm sure it depends on the quality of the uploaded photo, but the magnified details are about 3 times the magnification of the full size one. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@mr_lincoln, @jimshow ,

I hadn't noticed that feature before, I like that there is an option though.  However, I just tried it on a listing in my watch list and the full size photos in it, don't show as much detail as the magnified images do.   I'm sure it depends on the quality of the uploaded photo, but the magnified details are about 3 times the magnification of the full size one. 

@mudshark61369 

The issue in my mind and apparently others' is that the new feature is a PER image process opposed to enlarging one and being able to scroll left and right to see other larger images.  It represents more clicks and effort.  

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Dear EBAY, it appears this is a problem in Chrome. I noticed it started a couple days ago. Is the "hover" menu going to be implemented in Chrome anytime soon, or was it left out on purpose?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@broto_64 wrote:

This has happened before...
When I look at a listing, I can magnify the picture with my mouse but I can't see the entire photo enlarged...

@broto_64 

I had noticed it (I'm on Edge), but didn't know how to give the 'thumbs down' until this morning. I'm quashing 'em all. 😑

ETA: I understand that it may be an MS 'thang' across many selling sites, but I haven't visited others since before Christmas.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply