cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see details of a previously sold item?

Anyone else having this problem within the past couple weeks?  Before if I clicked on a sold item it would pop up with a similar suggested listing, but then I could click on a link to see the original listing and check out details on it.  Now that link is still there, but every time I try clicking on it, eBay automatically kicks me back to a suggested listing before I can view anything on the page.  Does anyone else know why it might be doing that or is anyone else having that problem? I already cleared my cache, didn't help. FYI, it only does this on the website. For various reasons I like certain actions and the layout of the website better than using the app.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If you are using a desktop browser, when you click on the link to see the original listing, try scrolling down. You may be seeing some sponsored listings loading, pushing the listing further down the page.

If that does not help, what is the item number?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

This is on a mobile phone.  Item number is 116036305955.  It seems to only happen on items that I have purchased.  When you click on the purchased item it typically brings up a screen that shows the tracking, and below that, "item info".  You're usually supposed to be able to click on a link to see the original listing. Now it opens it up when I click on this link, it starts to open up the old listing but then kicks me back to the tracking/item info page, and then won't let me click on this link again.  Like I said, I can use the app still if really need info from the old listing, but now it's forcing me to use both the browser and the app based on what I am needing to do.  Just a little annoying.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

That is just an example item. It does it on any of my purchased items.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

There seems to be a bug when using a mobile browser in mobile mode, and trying to follow the link in the Purchases. The "See original listing" link is broken.

You should be able to use "classic" mode or desktop mode instead and see item listings.

Or add items to your Watch List, and use the link there to find the listing rather than using your Purchase History.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply