cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone see your purchase history via your public feedback received as buyer?

Hi,

I was wondering if your feedback as a buyer is publicly visible (as in, the items purchased) but was told that no one can see your item purchase history (the actual item related to the feedback received) as a buyer through your feedback, that it is only visible to you. They only see the Positive and some other information, not the item related to the feedback.

Was just looking for confirmation that that is indeed how it works.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Can anyone see your purchase history via your public feedback received as buyer?

If your buyer left feedback, for approximately 90 days we can  click on the item and see what you sold.

If you purchased something and the seller left you feedback we have no idea what you purchased.

If you want to see what the public sees sign out and go to your feedback profile.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The feedback you receive as a buyer, all other members can see if the comment left and the sellers ID, nothing about the item.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@tech*knowledge wrote: ... was told that no one can see your item purchase history (the actual item related to the feedback received) as a buyer through your feedback, that it is only visible to you. ...

That is correct: Feedback that another member has received as a buyer shows only the comment, nothing about the item itself (e.g., title, listing number, price). Just look at any other member's feedback history to see this.

However, a persistent snoop can figure out what you bought by going to the feedback histories of the sellers that you purchased from, and searching for the comment you left. For instance, the most recent feedback that you left for a seller was for a Ryzen CPU processor.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@tech*knowledge,

Pretty much all of the other replies are correct.  However, if you leave a negative or neutral feedback for a seller, those are usually easier to look up on the seller's account, unless they have a lot of them.  If  seller makes all of their listings private, we would not know what you bought unless you identified it in your comment.

If the reason for asking the question is because you sometimes buy item to turns around and sell them. You can absolutely hide that by starting a buying only ID, then there wouldn't be any chance of your buyers seeing what you have bought.  You can click on my feedback number to see what info you can find out about what I bought, but you will never know what I've sold, on my selling only ID/account.

You cannot hide your info from anyone who has your login username & password. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 5
latest reply