cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers do your homework

Before making a major purchase decision, DO YOUR HOMEWORK. If you want a product to have something specific, READ the listing carefully before buying. If you want authentic Jadore perfume, look to buying one that says 100% authentic. If it does not say that it was bought at a department store, then either ask the seller if it was via email or assume it is not.  If it does not say authentic in the listing, then assume it is NOT. If you want a straightforward answer, ask the question in an email. Any refutable seller will be prompt about answering your question if they are serious about selling. Most of the time, they will give you an honest answer to maintain positive feedback. Also, look at the seller's pictures for verification and compare it with the article on spotting fake perfumes on ihatefakeperfumes.com. If the pictures are not sufficient enough, then ask the seller to send you copies via email or post them on the listing. Sellers cannot force buyers to read the listing but please read it throughly to avoid disatisfaction. And if you are trying to buy something that you think you might have to return, read the return policy and make sure they accept returns and for how long. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Buyers do your homework

@beauty2515 wrote:

Before making a major purchase decision, DO YOUR HOMEWORK.  If you want authentic Jadore perfume, look to buying one that says 100% authentic. Any refutable seller will be prompt about answering your question. If you are trying to buy something that you think you might have to return, read the return policy and make sure they accept returns and for how long. 

Any reputable seller would NOT list Jadore perfume unless it WAS Jadore perfume. I hope this seller you speak of was not trying to pawn off fake perfume.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Buyers do your homework

If you want authentic Jadore perfume, look to buying one that says 100% authentic. If it does not say that it was bought at a department store, then either ask the seller if it was via email or assume it is not.  If it does not say authentic in the listing, then assume it is NOT.

It is a violation of eBay policy to sell counterfeit products.  And it is illegal.

Whether a buyer is willing to buy counterfeit should be a moot point since sellers should not be selling them here or anywhere.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Buyers do your homework

It's good advicefor people to do their homework but a lot of people won't do their homework for the simple fact that eBay has their back.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Buyers do your homework

Having a seller state in a listing that an item is authentic or them telling you so is certainly no guarantee that it really is.  If a seller is willing to sell a counterfeit product, do you really think that they are going to admit to that just because you asked them?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Buyers do your homework

@beauty2515 wrote:

If it does not say that it was bought at a department store, then either ask the seller if it was via email or assume it is not.

Not all authentic items come from stores.  I have a couple of authentic DVDs that I received from the production company themselves-- they donated an entire box full of stuff for raffles to an event I was helping staff.  We ended up not using all of them (it was an event for high schoolers and they sent us some R-rated things that we couldn't give away to the kids for obvious reasons), so at the end we all just picked out a couple of DVDs that we wanted and kept them.

I also have a couple of sample perfumes that I received as part of a goodie bag for attending a swanky event-related party where the perfume company in question was one of the event sponsors.  Again, 100% authentic, but not from a store.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Buyers do your homework

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Having a seller state in a listing that an item is authentic or them telling you so is certainly no guarantee that it really is.  If a seller is willing to sell a counterfeit product, do you really think that they are going to admit to that just because you asked them?

Thank you.  Exactly.  I say that all the time, asking will do no good.  The seller is not going to say, yes, I am selling a fake, and you almost fell for it.  

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Buyers do your homework

@beauty2515,

"if you are trying to buy something that you think you might have to return, read the return policy and make sure they accept returns and for how long".

A seller's return policy will be overridden by ebay's Money Back Guarantee (MBG) if an item is not as described, no matter what they say it is. What people really need to do is read the Terms of the MBG and follow the time frames.  You'd be surprised how many long time members, do not know what the MBG terms are.

As for reading descriptions, all good selers wish that buyers would do that. Some of us go to great lengths to make sure our items are described to the Nth degree, only to be asked questions about something that is clearly stated. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Buyers do your homework

I don't sell here, I buy here and I expect that sellers are not selling fakes as this is not allowed by EBay. No matter what you say in your listing or what you post here in the forums (twice) that doesn't change.

If you are selling fakes expect to get returns, no matter what your return policy is. Also expect EBay to take the refund out of your payment method. EBay overrides any no return policy if the item is not as described. If you use the name Jadore when ti's not Jadore that is not as described.

Also you only need to post about the same thing once. Did you not like the replies in the other thread?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Buyers do your homework

OP is the one selling the fake perfume. Apparently they want to sell some more, but with a disclaimer. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Buyers do your homework

One should always read the description and study any accompanying photographs carefully before bidding or buying any item here or on any other site.  I also urge buyers to read and make sure the understand the terms and conditions to which they are agreeing.  It is important to be certain to read the information on the payment and shipping tab as well as the description page.

Of course, if one has any questions about anything in the listing one should always ask before bidding or buying.  It is also important to refrain from bidding or buying until those questions are answered.  Better to pass on an item than to discover that it isn't what you need or want later or the terms are not to your liking.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 11 of 11
latest reply